Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGND3700 and no ip

Excalibur1814
Novice

DGND3700 and no ip

Hello,
I'm currently using an N300 with ZERO problems but this morning I decided to finally setup the n600 as I was assured of beefy peformance with wireless.

Two hours and a bewildered BT engineer later we had both given up.

It did connect three times but quickly disconnected within ten minutes or so.

- Re-flashed
- Erased the settings three times
- Changed to ADSL instead of auto.
- Tried PPPoE instead or PPPoA for a laugh

Nothing. Three times I exchanged the n600 back to the n300 which connected straight away! I've just been on Amazon to find that this is a known problem and that MANY people have been experiencing issues with no fix in sight. It's a shame that such an EXPENSIVE and premium product simply does not work.

...Now I'm off to read through the forum of possible fixes.

(The specific issue is to do with the router retaining or obtaining the information for the LAN IP port.)
Message 1 of 11
Joe_
Apprentice

Re: DGND3700 and no ip

I'm currently using an N300 with ZERO problems but this morning I decided to finally setup the n600...

N300 and N600 are not the model Nos. Please provide the model Nos. (e.g. WNDRxxxx) so that persons who possibly know about the problem can offer assistance.
Message 2 of 11
Joe_
Apprentice

DGND3700 is most likely the N600 which you are referring to. What's the model No. of the N300?
Message 3 of 11
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

likely dngd3300
Message 4 of 11
Joe_
Apprentice

likely dngd3300

Quite possible, but I'm no good at mind-reading. I'd much prefer if the OP would provide simple info.
Message 5 of 11
Websurfer
Novice

Excalibur1814 wrote:

It did connect three times but quickly disconnected within ten minutes or so.

Actually, the dgnd3700 simply doesn't handle well the adsl1 connections: it doesn't renegotiate the line's snr-values if they are not "perfect"...
Solution (I hope temporary, until a new firmware fixes this issue): use telnet to change (RAISE) SNR values (for example: adslctl configure --snr 250). ADSL will connect at lower (but rock-stable) rates...
Message 6 of 11
Ryster
Tutor

Also don't forget to log an official fault call at http://my.netgear.com so they have a better idea of how many people their incompetence is affecting. Netgear themselves do not read these forums, so just posting here will change nothing.
Message 7 of 11
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

that is correct.. most user seems this support...

FORUM IS USER TO USER ONLY BASE...... 🙂
Message 8 of 11
Excalibur1814
Novice

What a load of rubbish. The heading stated

"DGND3700 and no ip"

Model of the defective unit: DGND3700 (As stated)

Model that works: Who cares? It works.

There are a whole load of threads on here with regards to the same defective item and you're asking for model numbers that have already been posted? Typical. Common sense would have told you what I'm having an issue with plus this IS THE DGND3700 group isn't it?

Anyway I've found a solution already:
Draytek Vigor 2830n

P.s. I've been using Netgear ADSL routers for a long time now and my post was more of a rant than asking for help as it's pretty obvious that none of you in here can offer help with this particular issue but thank you anyway for trying (Especially Websurfer. Either way I'd prefer a firmware update than a quick hack of sorts to get it working)
Message 9 of 11
Excalibur1814
Novice

Please erase this thread
Message 10 of 11
Scubbie
Apprentice

Perhaps it would be more profitable for you if you were to realise that people who do not have problems tend not to post on forums like this. :cool:
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7