Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DGND3700 as wireless repeater/extender

Lennyman
Aspirant

DGND3700 as wireless repeater/extender

I have just switched to a Cable broadband and Telephone service and I have the
Cisco EPC3925 wireless modem router which the company provided. The router is situated in the hall but my desktop computer is upstairs and the wireless signal is very weak upstairs. I have being trying to setup my dgnd3770 as wifi extender/repeater to increase signal upstairs but have been unsuccessful.
Does anyboady have step by step guide or any info that would help me set it up. I have tearing my hair out last couple of days:D.
Thanks in advance,
Lennyman
Message 1 of 8
sabretooth
Apprentice

You should try Powerline Adapters as this will give you wired speeds. Repeater mode is only 54Mbps and WEP security.
Message 2 of 8
Lennyman
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply,
I thought that its just I spent over €100 on the dgnd3700 about 6 months ago I was hoping to utilize it in some shape or form without splashing the cash on powerline adapters but it looks like its the best option. I'm on 60Mbps broadband package and only getting about 20-25 Mbps upstairs so frustrating.
Message 3 of 8
sabretooth
Apprentice

Can you run a cable upstairs? Then no issue.
Message 4 of 8
Lennyman
Aspirant

not sure there. I don't think the wife would be too pleased seeing cable running up the stairs. Hall stairs landing newly done up. No way of hiding the cable without making a bit of a mess.
Message 5 of 8
sabretooth
Apprentice

Well usually the cable is run inside the wall or outside. Looks like Power Line Adapters are your best shot.
Message 6 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

I have being trying to setup my dgnd3770 as wifi extender/repeater to increase signal upstairs but have been unsuccessful.
Does anyboady have step by step guide or any info that would help me set it up. I have tearing

http://vpncasestudy.com/download/WDS/WDS_Concept.pdf

this will be how you will setup two devices wirelessly. it will LIMITS only to WEP encryption or NONE

There is few option for you. Without above said and weak security , ditch DGND3700 and get extender such as EX. WN2500rpt,WN2000rpt, WN3000rp

These extender will JOIN the network by simply scanning the existing network and use passphrase EX. WPA2 key. You can extend

or options are just as more expensive to run power line device or run cables.
Message 7 of 8
theTechman05
Aspirant

jmizoguchi wrote:
[url]

or options are just as more expensive to run power line device or run cables.

:D:D:D

but yeah extenders :rolleyes:, I just don't like the setup with them wanting a different ssid name but they do what you need with a grain of salt(my extenders range led didn't give accurate signal when I tried to position so it was some T/E).
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7