Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DGND3700 not re-connecting to the internet

morvern
Aspirant

DGND3700 not re-connecting to the internet

I am on my second DGND3700 router having returned the first to the retailer for a replacement. Reason for return was that the router made an initial connection to the Internet after setup and then dropped the connection after 24 hours and did not re-connect to the internet but remained logged on to ADSL. After rebooting the router it would connect to the internet but only for a short while. All this reconnecting caused the ADSL connection to be lowered in speed to less than 200kb/s from 3000kb/s.

The replacement DGND3700 router did the same thing. I have reverted to a DGN2000 which works perfectly.
Several contacts with Netgear Support produced no curative results.
In my opinion the DGND3700 is not fit for purpose and requires a firmware update. Needless to say I am not impressed but retain the router simply because it may be updated in the future.http://forum1.netgear.com/images/smilies/confused.gif

morvern
Message 1 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

possible using different type of DSL modem in the unit.
Message 2 of 5
Websurfer
Novice

morvern wrote:
I am on my second DGND3700 router having returned the first to the retailer for a replacement. Reason for return was that the router made an initial connection to the Internet after setup and then dropped the connection after 24 hours and did not re-connect to the internet but remained logged on to ADSL. After rebooting the router it would connect to the internet but only for a short while. All this reconnecting caused the ADSL connection to be lowered in speed to less than 200kb/s from 3000kb/s.

The replacement DGND3700 router did the same thing. I have reverted to a DGN2000 which works perfectly.
Several contacts with Netgear Support produced no curative results.
In my opinion the DGND3700 is not fit for purpose and requires a firmware update. Needless to say I am not impressed but retain the router simply because it may be updated in the future.http://forum1.netgear.com/images/smilies/confused.gif

morvern

Same behaviour here... I solved using telnet to set an HIGHER snr margin!
It depends from an "incompatibility" between DGND3700 and some DSLAM (ADSL1 type) as the "Marconi" DSLAM (used frequently in Italy, for example)...

My only hope is that Netgear is consciuos of this problem (for a firmware fix!)...
Message 3 of 5
luisito_ortiz
Aspirant

This is a very common problem. They seem to be making progress toward fixing this, but we'll have to wait until they release a new firmware version. Mine only disconnects during thunderstorms (have gone through 2 routers myself), and I'm waiting for one to pass by again so I can send debug data to Netgear.
Message 4 of 5
theTechman05
Aspirant

If you had a rf tester I'd wonder being not an expert if the router does not have proper shielding. They always warn you not to mess with wiring during a storm. I'd see if the isp version does the same and go from there. If it does starts asking friendly neighbors if they did the same. Maybe the line needs replacing?

My termination box has "[fuses?]" on either side and a ground to presumably keep me somewhat safe (even though I have no Idea how old they are since I can't find the darn box on the net or a newer model of it) but thaTS OFF TOPIC.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7