Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGND3700 port forwarding

map7
Aspirant

DGND3700 port forwarding

I've just upgraded from an old DGN2000 to the DGND3700 and I cannot get port forwarding working under this new router. I'm running firmware 10.0.0.12_1.0.12 which is the latest.

I'm just trying to get ssh access for a start to an internal PC on the network through port forwarding.

First I've setup a Custom Service under Port Forwarding for SSH with start port 22 & end port 22 and then I put my PC as the server IP address. I have the sshd running and tested on my PC.

I've tried changing some settings in Advanced -> WAN Setup.

NAT Filtering I changed from Secured to Open, no change, even after rebooting the router.

If I toggle the Respond to Ping on Internet Port then from an outside computer I can now ping my external address. So I've tested that the external address is correct and that I can influence something about the router.

I've tried turning on the 'Default DMZ Server' and pointing that to my computer just to see if I can by-pass the firewall.

I've checked to make sure my firewall at the ISP level is off and I know this was working on the old router.

Is there anything special to do with the router stopping me from port forwarding a simple ssh service?
Message 1 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: DGND3700 port forwarding

you are not testing behind the route are you? loopback will cause the failure.
Message 2 of 5
map7
Aspirant

I'm always testing from a remote server. First I ssh out of the building to a server, then I try and ssh back in through the outside IP address as stated in the Router status page.

from
Michael
Message 3 of 5
map7
Aspirant

I was ssh in to my office and back out again using the outside IP address mentioned in the Router Status page. This morning I tried connecting to it via my phone and it worked. Seems like the new firewall at work is restricting me a little too much. Problem fixed, thanks.
Message 4 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Propel forget about remote end issue and feels more issues on one side only

Glad you figure it out... Enjoy
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation