DGND3700 port forwarding

map7
Aspirant

DGND3700 port forwarding

I've just upgraded from an old DGN2000 to the DGND3700 and I cannot get port forwarding working under this new router. I'm running firmware 10.0.0.12_1.0.12 which is the latest.

I'm just trying to get ssh access for a start to an internal PC on the network through port forwarding.

First I've setup a Custom Service under Port Forwarding for SSH with start port 22 & end port 22 and then I put my PC as the server IP address. I have the sshd running and tested on my PC.

I've tried changing some settings in Advanced -> WAN Setup.

NAT Filtering I changed from Secured to Open, no change, even after rebooting the router.

If I toggle the Respond to Ping on Internet Port then from an outside computer I can now ping my external address. So I've tested that the external address is correct and that I can influence something about the router.

I've tried turning on the 'Default DMZ Server' and pointing that to my computer just to see if I can by-pass the firewall.

I've checked to make sure my firewall at the ISP level is off and I know this was working on the old router.

Is there anything special to do with the router stopping me from port forwarding a simple ssh service?
Message 1 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: DGND3700 port forwarding

you are not testing behind the route are you? loopback will cause the failure.
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 5
map7
Aspirant

I'm always testing from a remote server. First I ssh out of the building to a server, then I try and ssh back in through the outside IP address as stated in the Router status page.

from
Michael
Message 3 of 5
map7
Aspirant

I was ssh in to my office and back out again using the outside IP address mentioned in the Router Status page. This morning I tried connecting to it via my phone and it worked. Seems like the new firewall at work is restricting me a little too much. Problem fixed, thanks.
Message 4 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Propel forget about remote end issue and feels more issues on one side only

Glad you figure it out... Enjoy
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-