Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DGND3700 v1.0.0.17 - loses port forwarding partial config

the_guvnor
Aspirant

DGND3700 v1.0.0.17 - loses port forwarding partial config

Hi all, I've been running my DGND3700 happily for the last few weeks without many issues on the original shipping firmware version 1.0.0.12. I updated the router last week and I'm having a problem getting the router to retain the port forwarding config.

I have a broadband phone terminal adapter that requires two ranges of ports to be opened up.

I make two entries in the port forwarding config :-

Port range a -> b : 192.168.0.x
Port range c -> d : 192.168.0.x

On Saturday I reset the router to factory defaults and reimported the old config because I had lost one of the port ranges in the port forwarding tab and whenever I tried to enter it again I kept getting the error 'port range conflict'.

I set up the port ranges again and all was working fine. This morning the second port range has disappeared again (broadband phone stops working again...) and I'm getting the 'port range conflict' error again and so I'm unable to get anything working without factory resetting the router again.

None of this was happening with the older firmware.

My question is :-

i) Am I doing anything wrong by having two port ranges tied to a single IP address ?
ii) Are there any best practices for configuring port forwarding to avoid these kind of problems or are these just issues with the latest firmware ?

The internal http server of the router now seems to have crashed because it has stopped responding to http requests to the admin screen (router still allowing access to the internet).

I'm waiting for a time when I can take it offline again to rebuild it but just wanted to know if anyone has any ideas on this one before I either configure from scratch or revert to the .12 firmware.

Thx,
Mark
Message 1 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

make sure you have HARD RESET the router after flashing

if you did and manually configure still becomes the same issues then revert the firmware, again hard reset the router . if this works then contact support at my.netgear.com with a bug
Message 2 of 6
jeremysup
Aspirant

jmizoguchi wrote:
make sure you have HARD RESET the router after flashing..

Just to be clear... how to hard reset the modem?
Message 3 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

See router reset on my sig below
Message 4 of 6
jeremysup
Aspirant

Thanx... i.e. regular procedure... 10 sec of pushing. 😉 😉
Message 5 of 6
jmizoguchi