Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DGND3700v2 and DynDNS, Router reports: There is no IP address on the Internet port.

R_Gamester
Aspirant

DGND3700v2 and DynDNS, Router reports: There is no IP address on the Internet port.

My DGND3700v2 is configured for use with DynDNS and used to work...

But DynDNS has the wrong IP address and if I click the "Show Status" button

(on the DynamicDNS page of the router), I get the message:

"No update action. There is no IP address on the Internet port"

However, the router IS connected to the internet and has a valid IP address

which is shown on the Basic Settings - Internat page.

The router was recently updated to Firmware Version V1.1.00.24_1.00.24

Is this a bug? or am I missing something...

Message 1 of 13
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: DGND3700v2 and DynDNS, Router reports: There is no IP address on the Internet port.

Hello R_Gamester

Did you do the update then notice that you are getting this error if so try reverting back to the older firmware and see if you are getting the same results.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 13
R_Gamester
Aspirant

Hello DarrenM,

Thanks for your response, (strange that I didn't get an email or see it when I checked, but still).

Unfortunately, I cannot say for certain that the previous firmware worked, But I know that when

I first installed the machine, it worked with no problems.

My assumption was that the upgrade process would not allow me to install previous versions,

but reading your response, I take it I'm wrong.

I will work my way back down the various versions and let you know the results.

Thanks for your help.

Richard Gamester

Message 3 of 13
R_Gamester
Aspirant

Tried working back down the various firmare releases, but unfortunately no luck...

Versions 24, 23 and 22 all reported no IP address as in my original post.

Version 23 was better, well almost. It reported incorrect user name or password.

Just to be certain, I changed my password on DynDNS, but same result.

I didn't check version 15 as I thought it might be a bit too old and give me back

problems I had when I first bought it.

For safety, I've gone back to version 24 and will set the latest IP address before

I go on my travels. I'm away until Dec 2nd.

After that I'm willing to do any testing you want.

Thanks.

Richard Gamester

Message 4 of 13
mm87
Aspirant

I'm also having this exact same problem with a Nighthawk D7000 on the latest firmware. Haven't tried previous firmware yet.

Not sure if it's related, but when I initially set up my internet connection all of my DNS queries were being hijacked by my router and redirected back to my router IP (i.e. 192.168.1.1), rather than just the standard www.routerlogin.net .

Message 5 of 13
Old_Git
Initiate

I am having exactly this problem on a D6200. It hasn't had a firmware upgrade in aeons, simply because there haven't been any, and the DynDNS has always workedd perfectly fine until quite recently. I can't say for sure when it stopped but it has been sometime in the last couple of months.

This is quite clearly a systemic problem across Netgear firmware and is bound to be happening a lt more than is being reported here. Can someone actually advise a working solution to this problem?

Message 6 of 13
Matttttem
Aspirant

I am having the exact same problem with a d6200.

Has any one found a fix for this?

I only just bought this modem/router, I should just take it back.

Using a no-ip account and the 'show status' is saying 'No update action. There is no IP address on the Internet port.' 

aghh

Message 7 of 13
R_Gamester
Aspirant

Hummm,

Looks like Netgear is not interested in it's customers problems...

Or at least they are keeping very quiet about it.

As far as I can see there  are two ways to bypass this (for DynDNS users).

1. Is to install the DynDns utility, it works, but not good if you just have a laptop.

2. If you are fortunate enough to have a Synology NAS drive, then set up the DDNS values

and this will work.

Matttttem, If you have just bought your router then you can contact Netgear directly and point out this problem! Please do this as it may wake them up to a serious problem. Then agein....

Richard

Message 8 of 13
Old_Git
Initiate

There's no point in contacting tech support, all they want to do is fob you off and rather than properly investigate the problem they merely ignore you until you get tired and bored of waiting for a proper reply before walking away.

I have both a D6200 and a D6300 Router. I had the D6200 first but could not get VPN passthrough to work to a MS VPN server running on Windows Server box. Apparently, some genius hardwired the relevants ports to the Netgear router to router VPN solution and even if that feature was not enabled the port-forwarding of certain ports simply would not be allowed by the Router Firmware. What was more galling is that the specific port is actually pre-listed in Router's drop down list of ports to forward, but if you try to select it the router tells you it's already being used...even when it's not being used! I reported the problem to the Support team and to say they were totally unhelpful would be an understatement! To this day that bug has never been fixed in the D6200 firmware!

I then compounded my problem by buying a D6300 Router which had fixed the hard-wired VPN issue (why they couldn't back port that fix to the D6200 is a total mystery). However, within weeks of installing the D6300 the Router began dropping the wired LAN connections to the Router. Wireless worked just fine but the wired LAN fell over with all the regularity of a drunken sailor on shore leave! Once again back to Tech Support and once again mucked about from pillar to post until I lost my patience and demanded that they escalate me to third line support and take the issue seriously because I wasn't going away. Finally, after much chaasing after them and cajoing them they finally asked for a copy of my firmware. Then they took weeks to get back to me to tell me what I already knew, that there was a firmware issue and they thought they could fix it. Out came a new firmware upgrade and at first it seemed to work but that was short-lived, instead dropping the wired LAN every 48 hours it was now dropping it every two - three weeks. Back to Tech support, (same bug report thread I might add) and told them it was still happening and could they look at it again. Do they treat this as a continuation of the same problem (all the previous information and my firmware upload are right there in the thread) no they do not, what I get is "we'll need a copy of your firmware and a description of your network". I wouldn't mind if it had been a new Tech Support person but it was the same one I'd been dealing with since I insisted that they kick me up to third line support. UN-frickin-believable.

Add to all this the fact that the Netgear Genii app for the Iphone/Ipad has been broken for quite some time now (an IOS issue is allegedly preventing the apps from logging into the Router) and you have a clear picture of a company that quite clearly has lost control of it's product line, it's tech support operation is at best inefficient and at worse delinquent and negligent.

Netgear used to make really good products but it seems that was such a long time ago and I, as a once loyal customer, am now so dissatisfied with both their products and their after sales support that I shall never buy another product again. I have a plethora of Netgear products from mini 5 port hubs to Gigabit switches all through my building and I'm running  about 40 - 50 nodes on this LAN. It's not a huge setup, not by any stretch of the imagination, yet the Netgear stuff is simply no longer fit for the job required!

As it stands I am, at present, constantly swapping between the D6200 and the D6300 depending upon which problem I need to solve and that is not an indeal solution. In a couple months we'll be moving from here and I am right now spec-ing the new LAN setup and I can well assure you that there will be not a single Netgear product in that setup. The sad thing is my gut instinct tells me that if any Netgear representative reads this they will not see this as a lost customer, (and therefore a problem for the companie's longterm profitability) but as a chance to get rid of a potentially bothersome customer who will and has complained about the poor performance of their product line!

If you've recently bought a D6200 my advice would be to return it to the store and get your money back and invest in something better and that's not necessarily anything that was made by Netgear!

Message 9 of 13
Edwin14
Aspirant

I had the same problem days ago when I first set dynamic DNS. Today something went wrong so I reconnected to Internet which made my IP address changed. Then I noticed dynamic DNS has auto updated and the status changed to <(my host name)/(my new IP address) > updated successfully at 12:27AM,01/16/2016

I didn't do anything when I first have this problem so I don't know if the former wrong statu is normal because my IP address didn't change. Maybe dynamic dns only work when I reconnet(in my case this changes my IP address). Hope this help.

Message 10 of 13
Ijj
Aspirant
Aspirant

The problem is not restricted to DynDNS users, I'm getting the same message when trying to use this router with my No-IP account.  Clearly a major problem with the DDNS options on these routers.

Message 11 of 13
SurenR
Aspirant

D6200 with No-IP: No update action. There is no IP address on the Internet port.

"No update action. There is no IP address on the Internet port"

firmware V1.1.00.20_1.00.20

Still no solution from NETGEAR to get the DDNS to work. I also tried getting support from No-IP, without any success.  What baffles me, is that it worked perfectly when I first installed this router and is also still working on another of my installations with a NETGEAR N300 DGN2200M.

It has to be related to the firmware and associated NETGEAR models.

Does anyone have a solution for me or know of which firmware works with the D6200.

Thank You

SUREN

Model: D6200|Dual Band 11ac ADSL Modem Router
Message 12 of 13
R_Gamester
Aspirant

Re: D6200 with No-IP: No update action. There is no IP address on the Internet port.

Hi Guys,

It appears that Netgear no longer supports these products.

I used to have lot of Netgear product,but the  DGND3700v2

was not the easiest to set up either, so I decided to try

a TP Link router.

That's not to say TP-Link are perfect, the AC1750 documentattion

only tells you how to configure ADSL links, (you have to

select "Wireless Router" mode to use external modems).

But that done, it works well.

So, all I can say is: Sorry Netgear, but you've lost a customer...

No doubt this post will dissapear when Netgear sees it, but

it might at least goad them into supporting their products!

God Luck guys...

Model: DGND3700v2|N600 WIRELESS DUAL BAND GIGABIT ADSL2+ MODEM ROUTER
Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7