Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DGND3700v2 no local LAN access from wifi

Meridius
Aspirant

i am having the same problem

http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=81349

I am totaly suprised this has been going on for 3 months and there is no fix, is this how netgear work now I have owned a dg834gt for years with no problems and bought this as a upgrade and it can not even get the most basic parts right.

I just bought the router but need ipv6 and better faster ports and wifi and i dont know what to do as i can not site here another 3 to 4 months wating to see if this can be fixed.

this should be sorted asap by netgear. not happy about this at all.
Message 26 of 83
rdugar
Aspirant

Have exactly the same issue with my WNDR3400.
Wireless clients can only access other wireless clients, but not wired clients. I haven't tried the reverse.

The only other odd thing I've noticed is that when I try and navigate to a samba share on my wired PC from a wireless PC (Windows), Windows explorer can see the shares available, but cannot connect to any of them.

There is no new firmware available for my router model, and its too old to be returned. Anyone try dd-wrt? This is ridiculous after months of a bunch of people facing the same problem...
Message 27 of 83
jauru
Aspirant

Same problem here. I bought 2 of these units for my work recently (one for a either end of a large workshop). Both routers intermittently seem to refuse to bridge/forward wifi to the LAN. In my case the DHCP server is on the LAN, so wifi devices intermittently lose or can't get a DHCP lease. Typically Windows successfully gets passed the WPA2-PSK negotiation, but then just sits there with an explanation mark on the tray-icon. Rebooting the router seems to fix it for a short time.

I also have an old D-Link (DIR-600) on the same LAN. Whenever this issue presents itself, I can always connect to old faithful, reliably, every time!

If you are just checking out the forums for feedback, before buying one of these routers, then save yourself a lot of trouble and FIND ANOTHER ROUTER, at least until Netgear resolves this issue in a future firmware update (i.e. later than V1.1.00.12_1.00.12), but don't hold your breath! From other comments I have read in this thread I understand it's been at least 3 months already, and at least 4 firmware revisions. I've also tried emailing Netgear directly - no response. They just don't seem to be listening...
Message 28 of 83
Wilkewi
Aspirant

I am having this same issue using v1.1.00.12. Very disappointed that this issue has persisted for so long. It reflects poorly on Netgear's hardware designers and support engineers that they can't fix a problem that doesn't exist on any other router that I've ever come across. This makes wi-fi unusable because I have a DHCP server on my network that cannot be accessed by wi-fi clients. I can use my D-Link DIR-628 or even two ancient Linksys WRT-54G routers for wi-fi with no issues, but not my brand new made-in-2012 Netgear N600. Ridiculous.

Despite owning several Netgear switches in my enterprise environment, Netgear will not be considered in my next round of hardware purchases. This kind of poor QA that misses critical functionality has no place in an enterprise environment.
Message 29 of 83
Meridius
Aspirant

Hi all

This has been fixed in the latest beta, I have been testing the 4th version which I got this weekend and the problem has been fixed. It's took 3 beta versions and 3 weeks to get this fixed and I have been testing them out and chated to netgear every day for the past 3 weeks to get this sorted.

Hopefully they will release ths soon after a full test.

But it's 100% fixed as I can access anything I want now fom a wifi device to my home network.
Message 30 of 83
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Hopefully it will be released quicker than Netgear is moving on the firmware update for the v1. I believe the 4th beta for the v1 was out in the Feb - March timeframe but no official release is in site. What I'm say is don't hold your breath. Netgear doesn't seem to be running for any popularity contests with the support we've seen on both the v1 and v2 of the DGND3700 devices!
Message 31 of 83
jauru
Aspirant

Too late. Both units returned for a full refund! woohoo!
Message 32 of 83
degers
Aspirant

This really is bugging me! What is release firmware doing out in the market with such a fundamental problem as this!

I sent an hour on the phone with netgear support going nowhere on this!
I would love to have the beta firmware, just so my wireless clients can access wired resources!

I explained the problem to support and they just gave me an rma number!
Message 33 of 83
sysmaster
Aspirant

I've been testing firmware V1.1.00.12_1.00.12_t4 for Netgear DGND3700v2 given by Netgear level2 support for a few weeks. It seems to be ok now for wifi connection with LAN access. I don't have other problems so it seems to be a good firmware...

You can access it "at your own risks" here : http://dl.free.fr/vS2xuTHGJ (available for at least 30 days).
Message 34 of 83
sysmaster
Aspirant

i still have some packets losts (about 1% on a "ping" on my LAN DNS server) but it's better than before...
Message 35 of 83
Meridius
Aspirant

yep the t4 is the fixed version i have been using it for a few weeks as i was the one who spent 2 weeks chating to them and trying out new firmware.

i just emailed them asking when this is comming out of beta as its been 2 months since i tested this version and it can nto be still in testing stage.
Message 36 of 83
Meridius
Aspirant

sysmaster wrote:
i still have some packets losts (about 1% on a "ping" on my LAN DNS server) but it's better than before...

have you infromed them of this ? and did they say
Message 37 of 83
Meridius
Aspirant

degers wrote:
This really is bugging me! What is release firmware doing out in the market with such a fundamental problem as this!

I sent an hour on the phone with netgear support going nowhere on this!
I would love to have the beta firmware, just so my wireless clients can access wired resources!

I explained the problem to support and they just gave me an rma number!

its not just the 3700 my friend just got the 4000 model and thats the same. they have not even fixed this on his router and i toled them 1 month ago about it.
Message 38 of 83
sysmaster
Aspirant

Meridius wrote:
have you infromed them of this ? and did they say

Yes, i said it to them but i got no answer yet.
Message 39 of 83
degers
Aspirant

I got through to level 2 support also, who gave me the t4 firmware. Problems seem much better now! At least my network segments can talk to each other a little better now!
Message 40 of 83
Meridius
Aspirant

sysmaster wrote:
Yes, i said it to them but i got no answer yet.

any news on this ? i was woundering is it a big deal or is this just avery small bug and will not efect much ?

cheers
Message 41 of 83
nickr01
Aspirant

FWIW I have latest stable firmware V1.1.00.12_1.00.12 installed. It initially exhibited this problem.

Successful workaround so far without resorting to trying beta firmware is to enable 'Wireless Isolation' in the wireless network settings, Apply, and then disable it again, and Apply. I did this for both 2.4 and 5 interfaces in the one sitting. WARNING: change these settings via a wired connection as enabling 'Wireless Isolation' also isolates/kills access to the Admin interface (bug?).

Hope this helps.
Message 42 of 83
nickr01
Aspirant

nickr01 wrote:
FWIW I have latest stable firmware V1.1.00.12_1.00.12 installed. It initially exhibited this problem.

Successful workaround so far without resorting to trying beta firmware is to enable 'Wireless Isolation' in the wireless network settings, Apply, and then disable it again, and Apply. I did this for both 2.4 and 5 interfaces in the one sitting. WARNING: change these settings via a wired connection as enabling 'Wireless Isolation' also isolates/kills access to the Admin interface (bug?).

Hope this helps.

But then this workaround turned out to be short lived. 😞 Back to the drawing board.
Message 43 of 83
simoncm
Aspirant

Possible workaround

I have the same problem with a brand new DGND4000 - tried everything (resets, re-flash etc). :confused:

The problem appears to be that, on the normal wireless settings, an equivalent of the "Allow guest to access My Local Network" setting (found in Guest networks) is on, and cannot be disabled (it doesn't even appear).

Therefore, I ignored the usual wireless networks, and set up a guest network, with the "Allow guest to access My Local Network" setting set (and isolation turned off).

I can now access my printer and my NAS drive. 🙂
Message 44 of 83
ZenSlo
Aspirant

I have been using firmware DGND3700v2-V1.1.00.12_1.00.12 and I am having a different but related problem.

I have a headless "Raspberry Pi" (used as a security camera) which I would like to connect to either by LAN (cable) or WiFi from my Windows PC on the LAN.

When connected by LAN everything works, I can configure my Raspberry Pi (with Telnet) and tell it to connect by WiFi.

Without the LAN connection (on reboot) it connects via WiFi and it can upload files to the Internet. However I can not connect to it from my PC (I can not even Ping it).

As others have noted it seems that I can occasionally connect immediately after re-booting my router.

Having updated my router with DGND3700v2-V1.1.00.12_1.00.12_t4 (Beta) the problem seems to be solved.
Message 45 of 83
Simm0
Aspirant

I had the same problem with the 4000. My ipad (on wireless) could not see my NAS (on wired). Both on 2.4 and 5ghz.

Enabling RIP v1 seemed to solve the problem. Give it a try. Advanced LAN Setup. RIP set to both ways and RIP_1.

Hope it helps.

Simmo
Message 46 of 83
DJWild
Novice

Can anyone provide a new link with "DGND3700v2-V1.1.00.12_1.00.12_t4" firmware?
Message 47 of 83
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

DJWild wrote:

http://support.netgear.com/product/DGND3700v2
Message 48 of 83
DJWild
Novice

I have updated to the latest firmware and still have the issue where I cannot ping other computers or my xbox when my pc is connected via lan and the others are connected via wifi.

Have checked all the settings. Tried another router and it works fine, so must be either the router firewall, or configuration stopping this.
Message 49 of 83
sysmaster
Aspirant

DJWild wrote:

@jmizoguchi : i don't think it's the "T4" version of this 1.1.00.12 firmware available on Netgear website (and i don't know why...)

@DJWild : you can find the "1.1.00.12 T4" for all except north america version here : http://dl.free.fr/g11OLG4pN

I've seen a 1.1.00.14 version is available. I'm not sure i'll upgrade my router working now... Did anyone try it ?
Message 50 of 83
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7