Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGND3700v2 no local LAN access from wifi

jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: DGND3700v2 no local LAN access from wifi

I missed.. "(begat)"

You must contact support directly non public beta firmware via portal at my.netgear.com

I was on mobile phone when replied so I have missed it
Message 51 of 83
sple
Aspirant

Firmware Version V1.1.00.14_1.00.14 (came with V1.1.00.12_1.00.12)

Had this issue out of the box, tried the firmware upgrade - same issue.
Have reported it to support - no answer yet.

Will now try the 12t4 version instead... 😞

I am more than a little shocked that this product has this basic and fundamental fault. And that Netgear doesn't appear to have fixed it since first reported some time ago. I am now really concerned that I switched to this product.
Message 52 of 83
MishMich
Aspirant

I wish I had seen this yesterday. I wanted to swap out my ISP provided modem/router, as I found it worked better with my old linksys wifi router than as a router itself. First I bought another brand N600, only to realise it was WORSE than the one the ISP provided 2 years ago (which even the ISP admitted was rubbish). So, i swapped that N600 for this N600, only to discover I couldn't VNC/RDP into to my ethernet file server & media server PC's from my laptop. After a search of the FAQ's, and an hour or so on the phone to tech support, meddling with my settings, resetting back to to defaults, rebooting, and a brief time when things did work. I was left with everything using DHCP, so I set the server-type stuff to static, and that stuffed everything up again, never to seen again. Then I found this thread, went through it, found the firmware patch to v.1.1.00.12, downloaded and upgraded. NADA.

This is pretty fundamental stuff in this day and age, especially when the kit has all these boxes ticked for media & HD streaming and stuff. So, torn now, because I do manage to squeeze every last Mbps available through my ISP to the laptop, it appears, but I cannot control my file server or my TV PC from the laptop or tablet using the N600.

There is a workaround, of course. I just keep the old Linksys connected, as an extender that just passes through from ethernet to wireless, and connect to that via WiFi, which is then seen as an ethernet connection by the N600. But, I wanted that to go back in the garage for using android devices in the garden & a PC in the garage.

very disappointed, TBH, even if I can get a 5MHz connection to the Xoom or S4. It is a very basic fault, and I am surprised it was not flagged in the reviews I read, and that these guys have failed to come up with a working solution after over a year since this thread started!

:confused:
Message 53 of 83
sple
Aspirant

UPDATE:

Netgear Support responded by recommending I re-flash the device with the latest firmware (v14), and perform a hard reset afterwards, reconfigure, etc.

This appeared to work at first, but only lasted approx 2hrs before returning to the same state as before. :mad: No further changes were done on the network or any attached devices in-between. :confused:

I repeated the instructions again... and again the issue resolved for around 1hr before reverting back again to broken. :mad:

It is clearly unacceptable to have re-flash the device every 2hrs just to maintain a basic and fundamental piece of networking functionality. I sorely hope that Netgear monitor these forums and pick up on the anger and frustration that so many customers are expressing here - not to mention the disappointment in such a networking giant. :mad:

I have responded back to Netgear Support for further advice......

If anybody has any tricks or tips I can try, I would really appreciate it?
Tried: wireless isolation on/off flicking, firmware v12, firmware v14, firmware v12t4, hard resests, arp cache clearing, re-re-flashing, RIP settings, and praying!
Message 54 of 83
cs02rm0
Aspirant

I have the same issue on a DGND3300v2.

Running an arp-scan --localnet only returns the router, rather than the 10-20 devices normally available. Only rebooting the router fixes it - I don't even have a wireless isolation option!
Message 55 of 83
ChetMan
Aspirant

I have the same problem. Version 15 of the firmware did not fix he problem. In fact performance is worst and the wi-fi isolation problem is not fixed. Wireless range is very poor. Had to turn off the netgear wi-fi and use my linksys to manage the wireless connections. The netgear thinks all devices connected to the linksys are wired which solves the problem. But it means the wireless side of the netgear is useless. Bummer, going to trash the netgear and buy a new DSL modem router.
Message 56 of 83
aoshea
Aspirant

I've also had the same problem, my details are;
using legacy (guest) wifi with my old ssid running wpa-psk.
setup new a ssid using wpa2-psk to get n speeds.
both with lan access enabled.

the unit will work for a while then stop lan access, things link my sonos, xbmc, qnap tools wont work, but a browser session to the router does (very strange) tested with iphone, ipad, android devices, all the same.

my short term fix, is to disable lan access on the guest ssid, and just leave it running on the new ssid, and reboot the router. (bit of a pain if the iOS device has latched onto the legacy ssid, as

only had the router a little while (few days) but looks like a software bug, was using my qnap ts-269 as a dhcp server, but had to revert to using the router for this function as client just wouldn't get an ip address intermittently.
will run up a wireshark sniffer to get some packet captures if it continues to annoy me.

would be interesting to know if this is the same common issue users are experiencing so we can get the software team to fix it.

Firmware Version
V1.1.00.12_1.00.12

thanks all.
Message 57 of 83
aoshea
Aspirant

very disappointing product, the problem is still occurring, thinking of returning the product to the supplier as obviously 'not fit for purpose'
Message 58 of 83
Ireallyhatenetg
Aspirant

why netgear is useless

It was suggested that I look for solutions to my problem on this forum...u could all be speaking chinese as far as I can tell....I have no idea what any of this means... my problem is: my laptop was serviced, was reset to factory, so I had to set up the internet connection again, except: the password doesn't work. This is the same password I paid 70$ to get when I first got this laptop. Century link, the ISP provider, can't help me because it's a netgear N300 modem router, and netgear won't help me without me paying them. There is nothing wrong with the equipment, it is just the password doesn't work to access wireless...so I have a laptop I have to treat like a desktop, connecting with wires. Rather than pay for a password I have paid for already, I have decided to change internet providers and get a new modem. I plan to destroy this functioning but useless netgear modem in grand fashion on youtube, and watch it wirelessly with a different company's modem!!! Watch for it!!!!!!
Message 59 of 83
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Hmm, I use Centurylink and never paid anything for my access password over what I pay for internet. My DGND3700 works just fine on Centurylink's DSL network. There's some other issues I have with the DGND3700, but using it to connect to Centurylink DSL isn't one of them.
Message 60 of 83
aoshea
Aspirant

Just. Curious are the people who are having issues using netgear products elsewhere in their network? It just mine has been stable for over 24 hours since I switched off my other netgear router/ap acting just as an ap in my outside office
Message 61 of 83
aoshea
Aspirant

Plugged in a belkin router in my office and fault re-occured. So looks like an interopability issue with the code. Will leave just the netgear connected only over the weekend to see if it remains stable. Still not happy even if I've managed to identify the reason why it is failing, just wonder what the netgear r&d team do.
Message 62 of 83
nickr01
Aspirant

Unbelievable that this wifi/lan issue remains present after ?more than a year of complaints by many people. Otherwise a fine unit that I'd be recommending to anyone, except for this 'feature'.

Netgear why are you doing this? Tell your accountants that by not fixing key issues you kill the market for your future products.

The fault is there for all of us to see. It occurs a variable time maybe up to two hours after a restart. It will be likewise temporarily cleared on any change in lan config, eg change RIP version, and maybe by other config changes and this confounds the issue. Apparently beta firmware upgrades to date have not been fixing it.

I'm guessing that the Netgear testing is only for very short time - "see it's working, all these people on the forum are clearly incompetent and dreaming".

If this code base is going unfixed into newer products then I guess we'll just have to sit back and watch Netgear market share dwindle.

I know this post will make no difference but, thank you Netgear for providing this write-only space, at least I feel better now.
Message 63 of 83
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Yes, this issue has been brought up many times on this forum. The canned response on this forum is that you should open a ticked because no one from Netgear reads these forums, they are just a "courtesy" for user to user communications. If that's all true, does it make you wonder what Netgear thinks of their consumer level customers once they have your money?
Message 64 of 83
Robert_S
Aspirant

I contacted tech support just after I bought this router last year because of this problem. I downgraded the firmware to the original version (dgnd3700v2-v1.1.00.08_1.00.08.zip) - after doing a compete reset (I think that involved powering off for a while and pressing the reset button for a long time). Its been working fine ever since.

I don't know if this file is available online any more. The one on the Netgear site has a slightly different name.

Now I'm having problems with the ReadyShare driver causing blue screens. Lets see if tech support can fix this one . . .
Message 65 of 83
Cam_Haug
Aspirant

I am experiencing this issue as well - did anyone ever get a resolution?

All firmware up to date etc

Cam
Message 66 of 83
chapiv
Aspirant

I am experiencing the same problem. Wireless see wireless only and wired sees wired only.

If I use the IP address I can access across this boundary.
Message 67 of 83
donmacn
Aspirant

I'm having similar issues on a new DGND3700v2 bought and installed yesterday. Out of the box it came with the V12 firmware.

Reading the thread above it seems the v14 firmware did nothing. I now see that there's a v15 available.

Has anyone tried this with any success?

(It's either this or it goes back in the box and straight back to the shop - probably to exchange for another brand of router).

Thanks for any assistance.
D
Message 68 of 83
phillh
Aspirant

+1, bought the most expensive router in the shop hoping for it to replace a older modem / wifi and a couple of Airports. I spent a day yesterday blaming everything except the router for the above problem. So, today I have this Netgear running with wireless disabled and 2 Airports back in service so my wi-fi connected devices can access the local network. Unbelievable this has been around for over 6 moths with no resolution. Going to try v15 but it doesn't mention this specific problem in fixes, just a upnp issue. A total waste of money.

Looking at the routing table it seems to pump everything out the gateway provided by the ISP including the local subnet, which should not be in there. Looking at 2 other router / modems I have the routing table clearly shows the local subnet direct connected to the ethernet interface where it should be and not pumped out the DSL.

Also bitterly disappointed something in this price range has no SNMP support though mentioned in the manual.
Message 69 of 83
phillh
Aspirant

Working after upgrade to v15, modem came with 14, will post back later if this continues to work past a few hours 🙂
Message 70 of 83
phillh
Aspirant

Still good 5 hours later, would be interested to know if anyone else who was having this problem tried v15 and it worked ?
Message 71 of 83
machanch
Aspirant

I bought this router in 12/2013 to use with my cable modem as I have used netgear modem/routers before and had no problems, it had worked as expected up until the middle of April 2014 when it started dropping the wi-fi connection. So none of my wi-fi devices could get an to the local lan. the wired devices all worked OK they can access the internet and each other. To get the wi-fi back requires the router to be switched off for about 5-10 minutes and then switched back on. It will continue to work again for any length of time between 30 minutes to 12 hours or more then loose the wi-fi which would need another power down.
This has become a regular process now.
I have moved the router to various location within the room to try to eliminate any RF which may be the cause, so far that has failed to resolve this problem.

I have noticed the lower back of the router get hot to the touch, and wondered whether this could be a temperature issue., as my router is on 24/7 and when the wi-fi fails and I turn it off, it allows the temperature to drop enough to bring everything back to working tolerances.

This is just an observation in looking at what may be the problem with this router.
Has anyone here in this forum experience and had similar temperature issue with their router.

I really want this router to work as intended. I do not want to spend getting another replacement. My netgear loyalty to their product is waning.
Message 72 of 83
Tertius
Aspirant

Almost a full day after upgrading to v15 and all is still well. Phones on wireless can connect to wired devices and vice versa!

I did however first factory reset my one on v12 before I could update the device manually to v15. Not a problem though as you can backup all your settings and restore them again once on v15.

If the situation changes I'll post back.
Message 73 of 83
Tertius
Aspirant

Just an update, been 4 days now on v15 and with the exception on a single forced restart (wifi lost access to Internet and local lan) everything else is working as it shouldve from day one. I can still access LAN devices, most predominantly my XBMC via Android's Yatse app.
Message 74 of 83
mlyndon
Novice

Hi

Did anyone ever get a resolution to this problem - I have the same issue on a new DGND3700v2 router 😞

Thanks
Mark
Message 75 of 83
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7