Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGND3700v2 no local LAN access from wifi

richardczz
Novice

Re: DGND3700v2 no local LAN access from wifi

I'm new. Bought the router DGND3700v2 3 months ago. Had the same issue from day 1. The issue remains after upgrade FW to V1.1.00.20_1.00.21.

Never use wireless isolation.

Don't really want to RMA the router, as I've been using netgear all my Iife.

Any update?
Message 76 of 83
grkstyla
Novice

Well, suprise suprise, i have the exact same problem, latest firmware 20-21. have had this problem since day 1.

big waste of time, enabled isolation and disabled etc etc, this thing is not going to fix itself, was about to buy the r8000 but decided against it due to the fact i may have the same issue.

any feedback from netgear on this one would be appreciated, maybe just say something like "this will never be fixed, please return and buy another brand"
Message 77 of 83
Tertius
Aspirant

Not sure why, but 5 months down the line on v15 and I still have connectivity between LAN and wireless clients. Everything perfect now - no regular restarts, stable adsl, etc. Its now the router it shouldve been from day one. Perhaps try downgrading to v15 and see if that sorts it out.
Message 78 of 83
JayZee123
Aspirant

Possible solution!!

Hi All, this has been driving me crazy for ages, didn't realise it was unique to this router until finding this forum. I thought I had a network routing issue.

Here is a solution.

Set up a GUEST Network.
I would recommend setting up some security and a password.
Make sure you check the box "Allow guest to access My Local Network"
Then use this as your WiFi access point.
Vola problem solved :):)

I have Firmware V1.1.00.20_1.00.21, tested for 5 min using the 2.4GHz b/g/n network.
Message 79 of 83
JayZee123
Aspirant

Just to add to the above fix, its been working for a few days without issue.

I have now renamed the WiFi SIDS, and changed the GUEST points to the same SID's and Passwords that I was originally using for the non guest points. So now everyone connects to the guest points without having to reconfigure all the devices.

Hope this helps others, this is a great router apart from this one "feature"
Message 80 of 83
JayZee123
Aspirant

Hi again, sorry to have to report, the Guest WiFi fix is not a long term solution, after a couple of days with restart the routing stops working.

:mad:
Message 81 of 83
micknq
Aspirant

Latest firmware seems to have resolved the problem (so far). Will post back if it goes pear shaped again.
Message 82 of 83
benkid77
Novice

I agree, thankfully this appears to be finally fixed in Firmware Version 1.1.00.23 (for all regions except North America & Germany) and I can now get in to my wired machines from my wireless devices. Was using it all day yesterday with no problems.

I was pretty close to looking around for a new router, but I am so glad this serious problem has been fixed as it is otherwise an excellent router. 🙂
Message 83 of 83
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7