Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DGND3700v2 won't turn on

firthie
Aspirant

DGND3700v2 won't turn on

I was installing the latest firmware update (1.1.0.0.24) on my DGND3700v2 when the power went out.

Now when I turn the modem on, only the red power light comes on. No other lights. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Ive tried pressing the Reset Factory Settings button as per instructions here: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9665 but that has done nothing as the modem doesnt boot up.

Ive tried pulling out the power cable and turning it back on but only the red power light comes on 😞

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Tugzrida
Aspirant

When this happened to mine, I,

1. Download the latest firmware from the the Netgear Download Center. You'll obviously need a personal hotspot or other internet connection as your router won't be connecting without any firmware.
  2. Connected my computer directly to the modem via ethernet, and went to routerlogin.net(if that doesn't work, then go to the modem's IP address, which you can find as the gateway/router address in your computer's network settings(usually 192.168.0.1 or similar)).
  3. Hopefully, you should see a page where you can upload the firmware .img file(insize the zip you get from the download center). If you don't see this page then there's probably nothing you can do to fix it. You could see if it's still under warranty and if it is then you might be able to get it fixed or a new one.

If this happens in the future, you should be able to fix it withour a factory reset. Then you'll still have all your settings.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Tugzrida
Aspirant

When this happened to mine, I,

1. Download the latest firmware from the the Netgear Download Center. You'll obviously need a personal hotspot or other internet connection as your router won't be connecting without any firmware.
  2. Connected my computer directly to the modem via ethernet, and went to routerlogin.net(if that doesn't work, then go to the modem's IP address, which you can find as the gateway/router address in your computer's network settings(usually 192.168.0.1 or similar)).
  3. Hopefully, you should see a page where you can upload the firmware .img file(insize the zip you get from the download center). If you don't see this page then there's probably nothing you can do to fix it. You could see if it's still under warranty and if it is then you might be able to get it fixed or a new one.

If this happens in the future, you should be able to fix it withour a factory reset. Then you'll still have all your settings.

Hope that helps!

Message 2 of 3
firthie
Aspirant

Thanks so much!!!! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation