Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGND3800B Firmware 3.0.0.7 Buggy

TCHAMMER
Tutor

DGND3800B Firmware 3.0.0.7 Buggy

Hi Guys I installed the Firmware 3.0.0.7 Three Days ago and had several times Problems that i lost my WLAN Connection. After a Reboot i was able to conect again. Before you ask i make a Factory Reset every Update.

I write the Netgear Support and they want to invastigate it. They suggest me to Downgrade to 3.0.0.5 and after that everything working fine.

Yesterday the Firmware is officaly avalible on their website and i think maybe they corected this Problem and download and install it.

But again after few hours the Wireless Connection is lost. Then i Try to hookup a LAN Cable from my Notebook but even with the Cabel connection i dont get an IP Adress. Maybe the Router or the DHCP Server are Crashed. After a Reboot everything works again but i go Down to 3.0.0.5 Again and everything works again.

I Think they Release a faulty Firmware and I write the Support again to reinvestigate this.
Message 1 of 4
bugg
Aspirant

Re: DGND3800B Firmware 3.0.0.7 Buggy

i can confirm !!

hope the downgread will work 😄
Message 2 of 4
TCHAMMER
Tutor

Downgrade works well but dont forgett to make a factory reset after that 😉
Message 3 of 4
maxipes
Aspirant

I have same issues with this firmware version, router appears to be working, but does not respond on http admin and does not assign new IPs. Reboot helps. I will go back to previous version of fw.

"Great" support for a premium priced router.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7