Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGND4000 connecting Fibre & vlan setting

robert57
Follower

DGND4000 connecting Fibre & vlan setting

I have changed from ADSL to Fibre and was going to use my existing NGND4000 \ N750 as it has it has an Ethernet wan port.
However my ISP requires the WAN port to be on vLan 10 and I can't find any vLan setting at all.
Is there a way I can configure it or a firmware upgrade to make that option available ? It used the same Broadcom base chipset as the newer D6x00 routers that do seem to show that option.

Message 1 of 4
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Re: DGND4000 connecting Fibre & vlan setting

It doesn't have any option for VLAN. Most home routers does not support it.
Message 2 of 4
ums
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you have any luck setting up VLAN setting on the DGND4000? I have a similar issue

Message 3 of 4
clithes
Prodigy

If you have access to your ISPs modem settings/configuration you can set up a DMZ with an IP address that is your DGND4000.  The ISP router then simply manages the connection only, and pushes all internet traffic (without applying any firewall rules etc) to your Netgear Router.  All the rest of your tech in the house will continue to connnect to the DGND4000 as normal. 

I have done this with both a Sky SR102 and BT Openreach HG612 in the past.  You connect a Lan cable from any port of the ISP router to the WAN port of your Netgear

Check the forum here for an idea of how to do it

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/asking-help/42110-using-dlink-dir613.html

Hope this helps

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7