Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DM200 + R7800 suddenly no internet

Sukotsu
Aspirant

DM200 + R7800 suddenly no internet

Hi,

I have a DM200 modem connected to a Nighthawk X4S R7800. I use EE Broadband and have been using the internet without issue for some time.I went to sleep last night and the internet was working fine. I have awoken this morning to find no internet access. I tried a number of fixes but nothing worked. Eventually I reset the DM200 and re-inserted my broadband settings. This seemed to work however something isnt confirgured right...

My broswer on my PC works fine, speedtest app works fine however my standalone VPN software wont connect, dropbox wont connect, and devices such as my TV and amazon stick wont connect. They all show good internet signal and speed but something is blocking thier connections.

Everything connects through my X4S, My PC is connected via ethernet everything else wifi...

Any ideas?? Thanks

Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router,DM200 – Broadband High-Speed DSL Modem
Message 1 of 3
Sukotsu
Aspirant

Nevermind sorry, I fixed the problem. I put the DM200 in the bin and went back to my ISP modem, everythings working again now.

Message 2 of 3

Your DM200 would go into modem/router mode after the reset. It has very limited router features, but they get in the way of proper operation. That might explain the symptoms you saw.

You should reconfigure it into modem-only mode and then reboot the network.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug the modem.
  • Turn off the modem router and computers.
  • Plug in the modem and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the modem router and wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the computers.

Be careful when using a full-blown modem/router, if that is what you have (your "footer lists a bewildering array of different hardware). When I did that with a D6400, the network failed to reconnect after power cuts. The modem bit took too long to establish an internet connection. It wasn't there by the time the R7800 was up an looking for the internet. So the network failed to go back on line. The DM200 does not have that problem.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7