Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DM200 - Unable to Access Modem by IP Address

amsgator
Aspirant

DM200 - Unable to Access Modem by IP Address

I have my DSL modem (DM200) setup as a modem only (bridge) and according to the manual:

"After you disable the modem’s routing features and the modem functions as a DSL modem only, you can access the modem only through a fixed IP address, which is 192.168.5.1.Therefore, make sure that IP address 192.168.5.1 is not assigned to another device on your network."

I am using an ASUS wireless router (RT-N12D1) to handle the routing functions. I have internet connection but I am unable to reach the modem using 192.168.5.1 like the manual says. The connection either times out or is unreachable. Pinging 192.168.5.1 results in "Destination net unreachable."

Does anyone have any idea how I can still access the modem in the event I need to update firmware, etc?

I'm also confused because the cabling in the manual and the cabling on the Netgear site are not the same setup.

Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: DM200 - Unable to Access Modem by IP Address

Hello amsgator 

Have you tried to use 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.100.1?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
amsgator
Aspirant

192.168.0.1 takes me to my router's settings but I still can't get to the modem's settings. I may try to hardline to the modem and see if the IP address in the manual works. Maybe I can't access it via wifi if it's in bridge only mode? I'm not sure.

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

yea hardline is the best way to do it.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation