Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DM200 VDSL Modem And X8Nighthawk Wireless Router Config

Mart2813
Initiate

DM200 VDSL Modem And X8Nighthawk Wireless Router Config

Hi everyone.

I have a brand new DM200 Netgear which when configured for my VDSL account works just fine. top speeds are gained any everything is OK.

I also have a brand new Nighthawk X8 wireless router and these 2 devices should play fine together. However when putting the DM200 into Bridge mode ( ie the DM 200 only works as a modem and the dhcp and server parts are disabled) and is connected to the X8 the internet connection fails.Everything else is fine but no internet connection!        The DM200 should only be passing the internet feed onto the X8 .

On the X8 I can enter exactly the same details that were entered in the internet set page as what is in the internet page for the DM200. ...still no joy

I can let the X8 sense the connection....still no joy.  

So the question is this.....obviously the DM200 is acting as the modem. In this case should the X8 hold the required ISP login details and connection set up?  or should it be the DM200?

If the X8 is holding all these VDSL connection and login details the only difference between the 2 setups is thefact that the DM200 has a VDSL2 connection tick box where as the X8 does not.       (  if the X8 is NOT holding all these details then why is there an internet connection setup page on the X8? )   

Netgear has confused the hell out of me with their instructions. The genie does not work the way it suggests. Surely it cant be that hard to get 2 Netgear products that are specifically designed to work with one another to work and configure themselves. 

Anyone any ideas?

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: DM200 VDSL Modem And X8Nighthawk Wireless Router Config

Hello Mart2813

The DM200 should have all of your DSL login details and should connect to the router.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7