Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DM200 + WNDR4500 Setup

greenbandit
Aspirant

DM200 + WNDR4500 Setup

To connect to my FTTC/VDSL2 broadband I have been using a Billion 8800NL (with NAT turned on but only a single DHCP address of 192.168.1.1 assigned for the LAN side) connected to a WNDR4500 (WAN side set to receive the IP adresse of 192.168.1.1 automatically, and a LAN DHCP range of 192.168.0.xxx). Even though there is "double NAT" present, all of my in & out port forwarding rules work as expected. It normally works properly but some network devices refuse to work unless they are given a fixed IP address or I reboot the modem and the router (so something is obviously wrong!).

I am trying to replace the 8800NL with a DM200-100EUS so that I have an all Netgear solution (yaeee!) but I can't get the WNDR to get an internet connnection. The DM200 will connect and work properly, but as soon as I try to set it in bridge mode connect to it via the WNDR4500, I get no internet and even the WNDR4500 connection wizard achieves nothing. 😞

Does anyone know what settings on the DM200 & WNDR4500 need to be used to connect and avoid the "double NAT" situation that I think is causing problems.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
greenbandit
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply, but I have not been able to get to the stage where I could try this. No amount of effort would make the DM200 connect to the internet over a VDSL2 connection that works perfectly with my original Plusnet modem and my Billion 8800NL modem.

The DM200 has been "retired", and I am in the process of setting up an X4S D7800 to replace the Billion 8800NL + WNDR4500 setup.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello greenbandit 

You will need to log into the DM200 go to Advanced-Setup-Lan Setup then unclick use Router as DHCP server.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
greenbandit
Aspirant

Many thanks DarrenM. I will try that if I ever get a working internet connection via the DM200 but the setup failed before I get there. 😞

I have Plusnet FTTC broadband which is working fine with both the original Huwai modem supplied by Plusnet and with the Billion 8800NL. However no combination of settings that I could find would give me an internet connection via the DM200. All three lights on the front went green, the single PC that was connected to the ethernet socket  let me access the Netgear Genie, but even with the same login name and password that is in use the Dm200 will only show "no internet connection".

Even the Dm200 Network Genie got nowhere ehen I tried to get it to automatically work.

The country was "UK", the ISP had to be set to "other", the DSL mode was "VDSL2", enable this interface was ticked,  use VLANID was blank (I do not have internet TV), the login name & password were entered, Internet Service Provider was "PPPoE", and all the IP address setting were set to dynamic/automatic.

The PC consistently communucated with the Netgear Genie that confirmed there was no internet connection.

If anyone can help it would be gr8, due to having twin 2 year old boys & a 5 year old, each time I need a free afternoon, it takes over a month to get one.

Message 3 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Message 4 of 5
greenbandit
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply, but I have not been able to get to the stage where I could try this. No amount of effort would make the DM200 connect to the internet over a VDSL2 connection that works perfectly with my original Plusnet modem and my Billion 8800NL modem.

The DM200 has been "retired", and I am in the process of setting up an X4S D7800 to replace the Billion 8800NL + WNDR4500 setup.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7