Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DM200 - disable firewall and NAT in router mode

Ab2000
Aspirant

DM200 - disable firewall and NAT in router mode

I need to use the DM200 as a plain ADSL router with NAT/firewall disabled so it passes all data to a separate fireall behind it.

The DM200 'NAT Filtering' setting is Secured or Open :

"NAT Filtering

This option determines how the router deals with inbound traffic. The Secured option provides a secured firewall to protect the PCs on LAN from attacks from the Internet, but it may cause some Internet games, point-to-point applications, or multimedia applications not to work. The Open option, on the other hand, provides a much less secured firewall, while it allows almost all Internet applications to work."

So the firewall has no Off - just "a much less secured firewall"  -  Why not let it be disabled completely?

I cannot get to my firewall from outside (e.g. web interface)  - the DM200 is blocking. Is there any way to actually disable its NAT/firewall? This is a basic requirement and shouldn't be missing.

Note that I can't use modem mode as I need the DM200 to 'take' the ISP supplied IP (which is dynamic) to allow the assigned static block to be used on the firewall and elsewhere  - this is just the way the ISP works - they use a dynamic 'peer IP' infront of their static IP blocks.

Message 1 of 3
TheEther
Guru

Re: DM200 - disable firewall and NAT in router mode

Nope, not possible without putting it into modem mode.

Message 2 of 3
Ab2000
Aspirant

Re: DM200 - disable firewall and NAT in router mode

Thanks for your repy! its what I thought - thats so mickey mouse - a basic setting like that just missing.

Together with a terrible UI - it crawls - 20 seconds to update some pages - makes this not a great advert for this Netgear product.

- and to add to something I noticed mentioned months ago elsewhere - the package fails to include a proper RJ12 to RJ12 cable - they include an RJ12 to RJ45 which is of no use in any standard config I have seen..

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7