Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DM200 forgets settings?

noamgat
Follower

DM200 forgets settings?

Hi,

I'm using the NETGEAR DM200 VDSL2 modem+router.

For some reason, after some shutdowns (in case of power outage for example), the modem reverts to an earlier version of the settings. The password to my ISP is wrong and I have to set it again, and the static DHCP entries are removed.

Its not a complete data outage, as things like my ISP username are preserved.

Using the latest V1.0.0.36 firmware. Is this a known issue? Are there any workarounds? Any way I can diagnose the problem?

Message 1 of 5

Re: DM200 forgets settings?

After you flashed the firmware, did you reset to factory settings? This isn't always needed, but it can help when you have issues after an upgrade.

I have also seen reports of people fixing this sort of thing by flashing the firmware again, if you haven't tried that already.

Message 2 of 5
BruceBa
Initiate

I am having the exact same problem with lost settings.  Windows 10. Centurylink ADSL.  If I power cycle it once, the settings are lost and have to factory reset and re enter login password.  I was looking for a solution also, just purchased.

Message 3 of 5
markapplegate
Aspirant

I have had the same issue. I installed 20 DM200s on Centurylink within 30 days and 4-5 have already tanked and had to have settings re-entered. (PPPOE). Get the feeling Centurylink resents losing their equipment rental fee?  They are essentially worthless on support since I am not hostage to their lease.

BTW...changing the PPPOE password seemed to make one more stable.  I have added UPSs to a few so maybe I can avoid short power outages causing this issue.

Please advise. 🙂

Message 4 of 5
markapplegate
Aspirant

These also have the same TP LInk 1750 router on them...  FYI

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation