Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DM200 in bridge (modem only) mode + R7000 for internet login and router - Tivo won't connect

Retired_Member
Not applicable

DM200 in bridge (modem only) mode + R7000 for internet login and router - Tivo won't connect

Hi, I have replaced my TPLink ADSL modem (in bridge mode) - which was connected to my R7000 for login and routing - with the DM200 which I have set in modem only mode.

It took a few times to get the R7000 to connect to my ISP using the DM200. This did not happen with the TPLink in bridge mode.

Everything seemed to work - except I noticed my Tivo was no longer getting guide updates. It kept getting 'can't connect' errors. Changed back to the TPlink and the problem went away. Put the DM200 back and the Tivo fails.

No other changes were made on my R7000 with either the TPLink or the DM200.

DM200 is on Ver 1.0.0.36.

Can anyone help as to what I need to do??

(I've got the DM200 as I will 'soon' be changing to a VDSL connection, but I want to use it on my ADSL connection in the meantime.I'm concerned that if it doesn't work correctly on ADSL, then it won't work properly on VDSL!!!)

Message 1 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: DM200 in bridge (modem only) mode + R7000 for internet login and router - Tivo won't connect

After MANY back and forths with Netgear support over this issue, I've given up! There are only so many times one can reflash a device, reset a device, restart a device, answer dumb assed questions, go down rabbit holes - when in reality, there is either something wrong with the firmware or hardware.

The DM200 is getting smashed to bits tomorrow with my hammer - at least I'll get some value out of wasting the money on it!!!

My REALLY STRONG recommendation is DON"T BUY A DM200 if you want to keep your sanity.

I will post here what I successfully replaced it with, so hopefully others can benefit from my misfortune...

Message 2 of 4
BruceBa
Initiate

Re: DM200 in bridge (modem only) mode + R7000 for internet login and router - Tivo won't connect

I couldn't express my frustration any better.  Products don't play nice, I chose the same manufacturer for modem and router to avoid the very issues that are driving me crazy with poor compatability.

Message 3 of 4
Heli
Aspirant

Here a similar s(h)ituation.

At the moment on ADSL and prepairing to change over to VDSL2.

WNDR3700 and DM111 working

WNDR3700 and DM200 not working proper

back to WNDR3700 and DM111 working fine

reboot time of DM200 about 3 minutes

Main fault was Ebay page timed out on Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and sometimes as well with Monzilla Firefox.

Today I returned the DM200.Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7