Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DM200

Rick652017
Follower

DM200

Thinking of upgrading my DSL to a faster service.  Netgear isn't listed in the required modems.  But they specify that the model must be compliant with RFC1483/bridge mode and DMT.  Does the DM200 meet these requirements?  I just purchased this model two months ago and I would have to hate to purchase another one the meet these requirement. 

Message 1 of 6

Re: DM200

You may find the technical information you want in the manual:

>>>>> DM200 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<<

Message 2 of 6
mackov83
Star

The DM200 worked ok in router mode, but was absoultely useless in bridge mode. I spent two weeks trying to get this to work.

I have since switched to a Draytek Vigor 130 and was up and running in 5-10 mins.

My observations with DM200:

• 90%+ CPU usage all the time
  • NetFlix was unreachable via my Samsung BluRay player
  • Samsung apps on the same BluRay player were unable to be downloaded in bridge mode - worked ok in router mode

Message 3 of 6
Aussie_Mike
Aspirant

Avoid this modem like the plague. After 2hrs with tech support, I was told the modem was not compatible with Australian fibre to the node technology. This is after being advertised as NBN ready. It won't connect using wizard or manual entry. Literally a paper weight. "Tech support" about as helpful as **bleep** on an elephant (have you tried turning it off and on again?). I'll be taking it back for a full refund. Total crap.
Message 4 of 6

@Aussie_Mike wrote:
This is after being advertised as NBN ready.

Part of the problems is that there are several variants of NBN.

It may work with the DSL-like flavour, the one that looks like fibre to the cabinet (FTTC), but it isn't going to get very far with what is known elsewhere as fibre to the premises (FTTP).

The DM200 has also produced more than its fair share of challenges around here.

For the benefit of anyone who wanders by here in search of help, here's what Netgear has to say about NBN:

What is an NBN network and is my NETGEAR DSL modem router compatible? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Looks like this note has been through a recent update.

Message 5 of 6
Aussie_Mike
Aspirant

Firmwear V1.0.0.44 was meant to have patched the FTTN access problems. Others on whirlpool have been able to connect out of using FTTN out of the box despite netgear telling me it's not FTTN compatible. Taking it back today and getting a full refund. I won't buy another Netgear product. Total junk.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7