Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Date of purchase problem (UK versus US dates)

aduquemin
Tutor

Date of purchase problem (UK versus US dates)

Ok, so this is random problem - purchased a D7000 yesterday (UK 4/7/18), only when I upload the proof of purchase to Netgear support, it tells me my 90 day support has expired! I am guessing this is because the UK date of purchase loks like it was purchased on 7th April as opposed to 4th July! Any ideas? I need my free support to work out an issue, but have no way of getting this unless I pay $45 for supposedly free support. Any advice gratefully received, thanks!

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
davidcxz
Tutor

Re: Date of purchase problem (UK versus US dates)

Yes, I have the same problem, even though I entered it in the registration dropdown as "July" and "4", it now shows both the purchase date and "Your complimentary 90 days days technical support expired" [sic] both 7/4/2018 and no support options are available.

Through a convoluted method of searching their UK sales number and using that to get their support number I managed to get through to a human after 55 minutes on hold, who advised me that the date was showing on their system as 4th July 2018 and therefore there wasn't a problem. Of course there is, I still can't actually get any support.

Message 2 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

send me a PM with the details below and I will have support contact you.

Name:

Email:

Phone:

Preferred Contact: Schedule: (Include Dates, Times and Time Zone available to work with us)

S/N number:

DarrenM

Message 3 of 4

I've raised these dates issues at high levels in Netgear. They just don't get it. US dates rule, despite being illogical and unique to the world of Trump.

But to the point, you may find it easier to troubleshoot here than trying to grapple with an offshore call centre.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7