Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Devices can't find 5G wireless network

Mandy0908
Aspirant

Devices can't find 5G wireless network - DGND3700

Yesterday I purchased the DGND3700 to replace my extremely old modem and router. I now have the connections all up and running except I have very little understanding of the dual bands though I though that essentially we would see two wireless connection - one 2.4G and one 5G. I can't seem to see the 5G network in my wireless connection section. I can only see and connect to the 2.4 i set up. This is the same for all devices in the house. Any suggestions on why this is?

thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Devices can't find 5G wireless network - DGND3700

assuming you own dual band supposed wifi devices? if not , it will not see it.
Message 2 of 7
Mystogan
Aspirant

Kindly try to check the wireless capability of your device; maybe the manual of it. If it support 802.11a then it should detect the 5GHz.

Note that you may find that your device can support 802.11 b/g/n/a; as long as it has the "a", it should detect the 5GHz.
Message 3 of 7
Mandy0908
Aspirant

Ok so i think the devices that can not see it support 802.11n ? so that would be the reason? i guess the 5G network will only be used for the PS3 and mobile phones.

thanks!
Message 4 of 7
theTechman05
Aspirant

There are at least 2 home devices for N. You've got single band 2.4GHz and dual band with 5.4 and 2.4. It gets more fun when you try to deside on product with bandwith.

You could first check you drivers like and have new features enabled like erm ipv6 .

Easiest second solution is the 3100 n600 USB stick since it has dual band and should give you bandwith that works with this device. Eithier that or you could check you PC if its got the needed wires to update your internal card.

Hope this gives you some solutions to no 5ghz
Message 5 of 7
Cindyr
Aspirant

Re: Devices can't find 5G wireless network

I have a Toshiba Tecra R950 Laptop and we just purchased a new modem/router. It has allowed my husband to use the 5G and my phone can see the 5G - BUT -- my laptop is only allowing me to see the 3G.
Is there a setting somewhere that I am just not seeing?
Message 6 of 7
Mars Mug
Virtuoso

The specifications for your laptop state that it supports 802.11a/b/g/n so should handle 5GHz WiFi, but it also states that it can take a 3G sim card. Since you specifically mention 3G (which is not WiFi), I wonder if you are confusing this with WiFi, and the WiFi card might be turned off or disabled (Often a function key is set up to enable/disable WiFi).
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7