Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Dgnd3700 VPI VCI settings Centurylink Sioux Falls SD.

JohnM72
Aspirant

Dgnd3700 VPI VCI settings Centurylink Sioux Falls SD.

I am planning to purchase the 3700 modem/router. From the specifications I have read this is the equipment I want to install. The one issue it finding the correct VPI/VCI settings. Centurylink support is somewhat oblivious to the question, since I am not using one of there recommended modems. I will continue to push the issue until I receive an answer. 

Actually I was wondering if the 3700 had the capability of determining these settings. If not maybe someone on the thread that lives in my area can provide the information.

Thanks John

Model: DGND3700Bv2|N600 WIRELESS DUAL BAND GIGABIT ADSL2+ MODEM ROUTER
Message 1 of 4
w3wilkes
Prodigy

I'm guessing you're talking ADSL and not VDSL. The DGND3700v2 only does ADSL. The settings should be;

For Centurylink ADSL here's the settings;

• ISP Protocol: PPPoE
  • Authentication Protocol: CHAP
  • Enter the PPP Username
  • Enter the PPP Password
  • Line Mode: Auto
  • Set the VPI to: 0
  • Set the VCI to: 32 
  • Encapsulation: LLC/SNAP
  • Static IP address: NOT checked
  • MTU: 1492

As far as I know the VPI VCI will not be auto detected. Here's where I got the settings...

http://internethelp.centurylink.com/internethelp/modem-3rd-party-q.html

Message 2 of 4
JohnM72
Aspirant

Thanks W3..., I can't believe that the solution was  on the CenturyLink web site. I guess I have been so down on CenturyLink customer service, if it can be called that, that I don't think they provide good solution/information on there web site. We are renovating our home/office and when it is finished I will do the install. 

Message 3 of 4
JohnM72
Aspirant

OOPS...

I made a little mistake, I need a VDSL (2) modem. So it looks like I will start my quest for a DSL modem with the correct specs.

Thanks again, John 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7