Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Dgnd3700 flaws

Mimmo59
Follower

Dgnd3700 flaws

Last week i bought your DGND3700.

The setup was easy and the router now is working.

ADSL is stable but..... there are the following flaws:

the giga switch is slow;

the Wi-fi is very low powered. 5 Ghz signal disappear at 3 meter (1 wall) from the router. 2,4 Ghz is barely sufficient for a 120 sq meter one floor flat.

the usb ports are very slow. So slow that a WD 500 MB usb disk (7200 rpm) is totally useless if mounted there.

Are the flaws anything that firmware can fix or N600 serie has design problems?

Mimmo
Message 1 of 5
Joe_
Apprentice

Mimmo59 wrote:
Last week i bought your DGND3700.

You seem to be addressing Netgear support. This is a user-to-user forum only, so do not expect any replies from Netgear here. If you wish, you can open a case at my.netgear.com and let them know your concerns there. You may also wish to choose the option of not registering your product, just to leave the option open for you to return it.
Message 2 of 5
ccampy
Aspirant

well 2 points about your comments 5GHz has a shorter range then 2.4ghz wi-fi as it loses the power quicker due to a shorter wavelength have you tried setting the router to use just 5ghz or just 2.4 if not all of your devices are 5ghz compatible? also setting the speed to N only or G only will help as the router will not have to broadcast all these different modes at once in regards to the gig switch being slow how are you mesmerising this? also the usb port will be slow it has not been designed as a dedicated nas drive a HDD on a router via usb will always be slow as the max transer speed will be limited to how its conected eg 300mb via wi-fi this is also burst transmission so average speed will slow down
Message 3 of 5
MattJTC
Aspirant

I have tested the unit with my cat 6 installation and am getting transfer rates above 100MB/s so the design looks ok. What rates are you seeing?
Message 4 of 5
MattJTC
Aspirant

...... Similarly concerned about wireless strength (not sure if later driver updates have any chance of meaningfully addressing this one)!
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7