Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Diagnostics - Missing?

dlb42
Follower

Diagnostics - Missing?

I am troubleshooting an NAS problem and need to ping it from my router. My user manual says to go to Advanced/Administration/Diagnostics to perform a ping test. I do not seem to have a Diagnostics choice under Administration, only Router Status, Logs, Attached DevicesBackup Settings, Set Password and Firmware Update. It should also have other diagnostic tools, I cannot find any of them. Can someone clarify where I can find the diagnostic tools?

Thanks, Don

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 6
Physoc
Aspirant

Re: Diagnostics - Missing?

Yes, the same here. There always was a 'diagnostic' tab until the recent 'upgrade' to the firmware. Now it's gone, and it's a pain because if I want to re-boot the router the only way now is to physically turn the router off and on at the switch!

Come-on Netgear, think!

Model: DGN2200|Wireless-N 300 Modem Router
Message 2 of 6

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have problems with new firmware.

Some people seem to have an almost religious aversion to doing this reset, but it is reversible. You can save your current settings and restore them later, if you decide to revert to earlier firmware for example.

Message 3 of 6
FilippoThereWas
Aspirant

Hello, I have the same issue, I tried to to do a factory reset but the diagnostics section is still missing, how can i resolve?

Message 4 of 6
Physoc
Aspirant

Yes, I don't think a reset does anything useful unless you have connection issues. The Diagnostics tab disappeared on the last 'update' which obviously changed the user interface slightly. These days when I want to re-boot the router (I sometimes have a red-light on the box when starting-up) I select 'Basic Settings' under the 'Setup' tab, don't change any settings, and scroll down and click 'Apply'. This re-boots the router without altering anything.

Model: DGN2200|Wireless-N 300 Modem Router
Message 5 of 6
antinode
Guru

> Yes, I don't think a reset does anything useful unless you have
> connection issues.

A reset can do some things, including waste time, but it's unlikely
to change the content of the router's Web server file tree.  It remains
a favorite recommendation by some around here, however.

> [...] when I want to re-boot the router [...]

A more programatic way to reboot these things would be to use one of
the many Netgear Telnet Enable programs out there (I use the one I've
modified: http://antinode.info/nte).  If you can talk to the thing that
way, a "reboot" command can be pretty effective.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7