Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Difference between V1 and V2 DGND3700

marzanur
Follower

Difference between V1 and V2 DGND3700

I purchased the DGND3700 and came across this forum , advising that v1 had hardware issue, which is why v2 was released

i wanted to know what the difference was in the version

I have the following
Hardware Version DGND3700
Firmware Version V1.0.0.17_1.0.17
GUI Language Version V1.0.0.15

i spoke to support and they advised the only difference is the GUI and the functionality is the same and there was no reported issue with v1

I currently have it working on my sky broadband without any issue for 2 days now, but don't really want a potential dud box in a year or so..so this was quite a costly box

If i was to return my v1 box and purchase a v2 box, how will i know the version i am buying with out opening the box again, as i didnt see any labelling showing the version numbers.

thanks for the advise all
Message 1 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Difference between V1 and V2 DGND3700

some model has V# stated on side of the box and some don't..

unfortunately not all shows V# so sometime you have to open to see it
Message 2 of 8
groves31
Aspirant

I was at best buy the other day and they had dgnd3700s on the shelf, looked at the box and it did not show dgnd3700v2 only dgnd3700. However, the front of the box (left side) did reference netgear genie. From my experience dgnd3700v1 does not work with netgear genie, unless I am doing something wrong. (the packaging on the dgnd3700v1 from about a year ago did not mention netgear genie of the front of the box). As to possible hardware differences, http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/netgear/dgnd3700#other.informations indicates that the cpu has been changed (v1 uses BCM6368 while v2 uses BCM6362)
Message 3 of 8
erm67
Aspirant

marzanur wrote:

I have the following
Hardware Version DGND3700
Firmware Version V1.0.0.17_1.0.17
GUI Language Version V1.0.0.15

The v2 is a totally different modem, different cpu, real dual core, but has half the ram and half flash available, both are based on Broadcom SoC. V1 uses a propietary firewall and nat, while V2 uses iptables and conntrack, this is a plus for the V2 since it means you can interact with the firewall using standard linux commands. The v2 has iconv and libidl and supports characters in various alphabets while the v1 doesn't. The v1 has a 4Gb file size limitation. the v2 supports a printer while the v1 doesn't ...
Judging from the signatures the sources the firmware of the v1 was developed by a couple of chinese working for Foxxconn and it is a mess, I think the firmware for the v2 was developed by a different company, not chinese, and it looks better, no unused directories left behind, no strange hacks to force things work .... That said a lot of people are having problems with the v2 as well, only different problems 🙂
Message 4 of 8
Phil_D
Aspirant

Hi

The V2 looks to be manufactured by www.sercomm.com, at the very least they did the firmware, then branded for Netgear.

Regards

Phil
Message 5 of 8
zicoz
Aspirant

Is there a difference in the product number between these two? I seem to only find the "DGND3700-100PES" here in Norway.
Message 6 of 8
zicoz
Aspirant

I received the following picture from my online retailer:

So there seems to be quite a few differences:

v2 has "built-in DSL modem" on the right side
v1 has "built-in DSL modem" on the left side
v1 has red lines on the sides, and white at the bottom and top.
v2 has white "lines" on the top, left and right, and red at the bottom
v1 is smaller and more "rectangular"
v2 has a "now with Netgear Genius & Readyshare printer" icon on the left.
Message 7 of 8
BlueTweet
Aspirant

The serial number prefix also gives away the differnce between the V1 & V2 DGND3700.
The Serial NUmber for V1 starts with 2KB whereas the Serian Number for V2 starts with 2TX.

🙂
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7