Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Does NBN really work on Nighthawk X45 D7800?

UserLH
Follower

Does NBN really work on Nighthawk X45 D7800?

I purchsed my nighthawk in anticipation on getting the NBN which has just been installed.  First thing the NBN technicial says upon seeing the modem is "you're better off the the telsta gateway mate, I don't think that will work".  I've tried to set it up but just can't seem to get the internet now that I'm on NBN, FTTN. Does anyone have it working and can recommend best settings / instructions?

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 7
c64tm
Aspirant

Re: Does NBN really work on Nighthawk X45 D7800?

Yes it does work.

After you have connected all bits to the modem, go to routerlogin.net and follow the prompts.

Let me know how you go...

Message 2 of 7
steppres
Tutor

It works, but I've had no end of trouble with this model. IPv6 doesn't work. Random dropouts occur. The router interface is slow and buggy.

I'd recommend returning it and getting the Telstra Gateway if you still can, the D7800 is barely supported by Netgear and has too many issues for me to recommend it.

Message 3 of 7
monsoon_qld
Tutor

Just happened to find this thread. G'day, NBN - Obviously an Aussie. I'm about to go out get myself a X45 for use with my NBN Fixed Wireless. No good you reckon? I'm not with Telstra, what do you recommended? Are they really that poorly supported?
Message 4 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Here is article covering which modems will work with NBN

http://kb.netgear.com/30439/What-is-an-NBN-network-and-is-my-NETGEAR-DSL-modem-router-compatible?cid...

DarrenM

Message 5 of 7
monsoon_qld
Tutor

Is the Nighthawk R9000 X10 purely a router or is it modem and router? Will it work with the NBN?
Message 6 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

The R9000 is a router and will work with a NBN modem.

DarrenM

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7