Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Does anyone know how to set up Sprint Airave behind the D6400/ac1600 modem/router?

texgolfcon
Aspirant

Does anyone know how to set up Sprint Airave behind the D6400/ac1600 modem/router?

I can't figure out how to make the settings where the D6400/AC1600 modem/router will allow the Sprint Airave to work.  The ATT DSL guy came out and gave me an ATT modem/router Netgear 7550.  All I have to do is plug the Airave into the 7550 and it works great.  The 7550 is not a very good router though.  The wifi barely extends past the room it is in.  The D6400/AC1600 gives a great signal.

I have tried scouring other forums and the manuals, and searched through all the settings in the Netgear Genie, but I cannot find a solution that works.  Techs at Sprint or ATT could not help.  Anyone have suggestions on where to find information on how to get the Airave to get the right signal through the router?

Model: D6400|AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router|802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Does anyone know how to set up Sprint Airave behind the D6400/ac1600 modem/router?

Hello Texgolfcon

Do you need to open any ports for this Airave?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
texgolfcon
Aspirant

Re: Does anyone know how to set up Sprint Airave behind the D6400/ac1600 modem/router?

I believe I need to utilize the modem and bypass the router.  I believe this means I need to open the port?  However, not sure how this is done.

Message 3 of 4
antinode
Guru

For those who missed the earlier discussion:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/x/x/m-p/1341991

Creating multiple threads for the same problem may not be the most
efficient way to collect information.

> I have tried scouring other forums and the manuals, and searched
> through all the settings in the Netgear Genie, but I cannot find a
> solution that works. [...]

This tells me exactly nothing about what you read, and what you
tried, and what happened when you tried it.  "cannot find a solution
that works" is not a useful problem description.

> >    Why behind?  As I read the AIRAVE 2.5 User Guide, the suggested
> > arrangement (page 7 = PDF 11) is: modem - AIRAVE - your_router.
>
>    Still a mystery.

Still true.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7