Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Duplicate service name error - Can not add an IP address to block

Robi3700
Follower

Duplicate service name error - Can not add an IP address to block

Can not add an IP address to block

Under www.routerlogin.com, advanced settings/Firewall rules, when I click ADD, it will not allow me to add another IP address to block, because it keeps saying "Duplicate service name"

Even though it is a different IP address I am adding. The first IP address it did block, I selected ANY/ALL as the service name and it worked, but when i want to add another IP address to block, it wont let me do it unless I select another service name, but I have no idea what those service names mean anyway ! All want to do is block some devices.

Can you help please ?

Message 1 of 4
Fluxtor
Aspirant

*Bump

Did you ever get and answer to this? Seems reidiculous not to be able to customise the rules in away that allows you to have a custom scope for the same service? How do you configure this router if say you want to block SMPT for all of your network appart from selected IP addresses? I can't see a way that you could do this on this router?

Barmy!

Message 2 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Fluxtor 

You can do what your asking by using the block service's you can put all the devices that you want blocked in a certain IP range and then the ones you don't use the address reservation to assign them a Ip outside of that block of IPs you want blocked. I linked a article for both of these. hope to hear your feedback

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24091

DarrenM

Message 3 of 4
Fluxtor
Aspirant

Hi Darren,

Firstly thanks for taking the time to respond, much appreciated. I'm not so sure what you have suggested would work for us either as we wouldn't be using the router as a DHCP provider as we use Active Directory with DNS and DHCP to provide our workstations IP address.

After playing around with this router for a while we decided to purchase a more business level product (FVS318N) as this was more suitable for our requirements and we already have some similar products on other segments of our network.

Again, thanks for taking the time to repond.

Regards

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7