Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX2700 - can't access Genie to reinstall extender

newbie288
Aspirant

EX2700 - can't access Genie to reinstall extender

Comcast replaced my router and now I cannot access the Genie to reinstall the EX2700. I have done a factory reset, connected the extender via ethernet to the router, cleared browsing history and set up a static IP address. I've also tried connecting via WPS but the SSID_ext doesn't appear in my list of available networks. I have Windows 10 and Avast loaded on my PC.

Message 1 of 6
newbie288
Aspirant

Re: EX2700 - can't access Genie to reinstall extender

Update - I can now access the Genie. The next issue is that I am still seeing the old SSID_ext network on the list of networks even though I no longer have that router. The new SSID is listed, but I do not see the new SSID_ext on the list of networks. How do I get the new SSID_ext to appear in the list of available networks?

Message 2 of 6

@newbie288 wrote:

the SSID_ext doesn't appear in my list of available networks. I have Windows 10 and Avast loaded on my PC.

I assume that this list is in the Windows network.

Do you have any other wifi devices around? Do they see the SSID?

If so that narrows it down to something in Windows.

Message 3 of 6
newbie288
Aspirant

The SSID_ext network does not appear on my Windows PC or my Samsung phone so that means it is not exclusively a Windows issue. 

Message 4 of 6

So, where is this list of available networks?

Message 5 of 6
newbie288
Aspirant

On Android it's at Settings /wifi/wifi networks. On PC it's at the Network connection icon at the bottom right of the tray.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7