Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Failed to obtain IP address after I turn on mag 254 IPTV box.

paddycans99
Aspirant

Failed to obtain IP address after I turn on mag 254 IPTV box.

Hi all. This is driving me mad. 

The d7000 works perfectly but as soon as I turn on my mag 254 box for IPTV things go wrong. All the devices that are connected through the Ethernet are ok but all WiFi connected devices fail to obtain an IP address.

After I turn off the Mag Box I have to reboot the D7000 for all the WiFi devices to connect again.

I really hope someone can me on this one!

I'm in Ireland my ISP is Vodafone.

I plugged back in my Vodafone router and everything works fine even with the Mag Box turned on. But I don't want to go back to the Vodafone router after spending money on the nighthawk.

Thanks

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Paddycans99

You may want to check with the ISP on specific settings for the IP tv and take a look at page 47 for the setup.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/D7000/D7000_UM_EN.pdf

DarrenM

Message 2 of 9
Sizz
Aspirant

I have the exact same problem with exactly the same hardware! I have a sky hub being delivered in a week or so and I’m hoping switching to Sky Broadband and the Sky router will solve this issue for me!
Message 3 of 9
paddycans99
Aspirant

Well that was no help.
Thanks
Message 4 of 9
paddycans99
Aspirant

I hope sky does work for you. I could get no good of the nighthawk so I sold it on, and i got a TP link router that works perfectly with the Mag 254.
I won't be buying a Netgear product again after this, netgear were no help in trying to help me.
Message 5 of 9
Sizz
Aspirant

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for the Sky router and if I get no joy I’ll get myself a TP Link too. I’ve lost faith in Netgear as well as my Nest Cams are constantly dropping too.
Message 6 of 9
Jonnyquest1
Aspirant

When I try connect to My Iptv set top box with my isp. It shows " IP failed " pls let me know what to do

Regards,
Message 7 of 9

Welcome to the funny farm.

You'll probably have to say a bit more about the problem before anyone can begin to guess about answers.

You've joined in on old discussion about the D7000. Is that what you have?

Which Iptv set-top box do you have? Usually, sorting out smart stuff is down to changing the settings there.

By the way, you have joined in on an older discussion so there's a chance that the official support team will be too busy following new stuff to find your message. It is usually better to start your own fresh discussion if you want their attention.

When you do that, you can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
    Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
    Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

Message 8 of 9
paddycans99
Aspirant

Oh yeah like they helped me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7