Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware update

shepsonlinee
Aspirant

Firmware update

I have unsuccessfully tried to install the  latest update.  I get well progressed with the update then I receive a message "can't connect to site routerlogin.net" but my internet is working fine and I am connected to the modem by cable.  I have no problems updating my nighthawk X10 router.

How do I solve this problem.

Model: DGN2200Bv4|N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
Nodism1125
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Firmware update

What is the model of the wireless router? 

What is the firmware version? 

You can manually update the firmware of the router. 

Message 2 of 5
shepsonlinee
Aspirant

The model is DGN2200v4 a N300 wireless ADSL+modem router

The Firmware Version is V1.0.0.98_1.0.98 

Please refer to the attachment.  I can access the modem.  I can initiate the firmware upgrade.  Everything seems to be going fine then I receive an error message yet I still have internet access (before trying to undertake th eupgrade I shut down all other internet connected devices.  Help

Model: DGN2200v4|N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router
Message 3 of 5
Nodism1125
NETGEAR Expert

Hi  shepsonlinee

Have you tried manually updating the firmware? If not, I would recommend upgrading the firmware manually. Make sure the computer is connected wired to ADSL modem/router local port and access the default IP as 192.168.0.1. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000054783/DGN2200v4-Firmware-Version-1-0-0-102-All-Regions-Except-Germany

If you have another NETGEAR router connected into ADSL modem/router, this might cause the issue when you performing the firmware upgrade. 

Thank you, 

Mary

Message 4 of 5
shepsonlinee
Aspirant

Thanks problem solved.  Not sure if the problem was, possibly Windows Defender was blocking the update (strange that I can updatethe router with no issues).  Any way thanks for all your help - much appreciated.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7