Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Front Activity LEDs

DancingBrain
Novice

Front Activity LEDs

Hello,

I have a simple question. I have the DGND3700v2 with firmware 1.1.00.17. The Netgear router/modems I have owned in the past all have had the green LEDs on the front flicker when there is network activity (data being downloaded or uploaded). This router does not do anything but stay solid green when data is being transferred.

I have flashed the firmware down 1.1.00.12, flashed it up 1.1.00.17, then flashed it back to the original version 1.1.00.15 and no change, so I don't believe it's the firmware. I have phoned Netgear and the technician never gave a straight answer, like "Yes, it's intentionally made that way." or, "No, there is an issue." He said it might be my ISP. After I was finished laughing to myself at that statement, I politely thanked him and ended the call.

To make sure, I phoned my ISP and asked them if they could be the reason for the solid green, then when we both finished laughing, I ended the call.

Note, I have had this ISP for a very long time and my past Netgear routers always blinked when there is data being transferred. This is the first one that does not do that.

Thinking maybe it's a defective router, I returned it and swapped it for another one of the same type and still the lights remain solid when data is being transferred.

So, my simple question for my fellow owners of this DGND3700v2 router, is do your green INTERNET and LAN lights on the front of the router blink when data is being transferred (or any green light for that matter), or do all lights remain solid green when data is being transferred?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 11
DancingBrain
Novice

So, 64 people have viewed my post since yesterday and none of them own a DGND3700v2, or are they just not willing to post an answer to this very simple question?
Message 2 of 11
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Forum is only user to user only. Forum do get quite a visit but doesn't mean they have to answer either . 🙂

there is network activity (data being downloaded or uploaded). This router does not do anything but stay solid green when data is being transferred.

There are time many user can not handle the flickering LED because they have router in bedroom and can't sleep type of BS complains. Netgear has made few line came out did not flicker because those people complain. Now I believe Rxx family has GUI to control some LED.

Your best bet is to complain support for any future enhancement
Message 3 of 11
DancingBrain
Novice

Unbelievable. You mean to tell me that no one here can move their eyes and look at their router to see if the green lights on the front are blinking when data is being transferred? Am I really asking too much?

The manual for the DGND3700v2 states that the lights on the front are supposed to be blinking when data is being transferred, yet the lights on my router do not blink. That's why I'm asking this question. There is a contradiction in information. Either the manual is incorrect or there is an issue with the router.

Unbelievable why this simple question cannot be answered.
Message 4 of 11
DancingBrain
Novice

My last router was a Netgear DGN1000 and the lights on the front of the router would blink when data is being transferred. I have not changed my ISP. This new router's manual states that the lights are supposed to blink when data is being transferred, but the lights do not blink. Is anyone else having this issue? Thanks.
Message 5 of 11
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Different model and has different firmware. You can try different firmware from your model and see if older firmware does blink.

I don't keep list of what has solid LED but few model where like that.

Solid LED introduce the end user's complain... Unfortunately that is what happens 🙂

Blame on user on this 😄
Message 6 of 11
DancingBrain
Novice

jmizoguchi wrote:
Forum is only user to user only. Forum do get quite a visit but doesn't mean they have to answer either . 🙂

There are time many user can not handle the flickering LED because they have router in bedroom and can't sleep type of BS complains. Netgear has made few line came out did not flicker because those people complain. Now I believe Rxx family has GUI to control some LED.

Thank you for your answer. 🙂

I understand the nature of the forums, it was just such a simple question that I was getting a bit frustrated. My apologies.

So, the lack of blinking on the DGND3700v2 is by design. The online manual for this router should be updated then as it states that the lights are supposed to blink. Other then that, I am very happy with this router and still love Netgear. 🙂

Thanks again for the answer.
Message 7 of 11
DancingBrain
Novice

jmizoguchi wrote:

Just a note: I noticed that you posted this earlier this morning, but only in about the last hour did your post show up to me in the forum. I don't want you to think that my other posts are about you - they are not - I am very grateful for your post. This is my first time in the Netgear forums and perhaps I have to learn that the posts don't always show up in the order they are submitted. 🙂

Thanks again.
Message 8 of 11
fordem
Mentor

Posts will always be displayed in the order in which they are submitted - however - they won't display until they have been approved by a moderator - which may not happen immediately. In this case, you posted after June did, but before his reply was approved, so it was not visible at the time you were posting - you are also posting before your last post has been approved, so you're not seeing your own posts.
Message 9 of 11
Jock42
Aspirant

GDay; My new D3600 is the same ..... no led activiyt when data is transferred 

Jock

Message 10 of 11

Summing up what went before, to save you the bother of unravelling it, some modems don't flicker to show activity, some let you control the lights.

My D6400, a very different beast, lets me turn the light off, make them solid, or flicker to show activity.

Maybe your modem has a similar control buried somewhere in the interface.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7