Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Help with VPN from Overseas to Oz

merango75
Follower

Help with VPN from Overseas to Oz

Hi, im new to the forum and I.T so a little help would be really good if someone can assist?

My GF is overseas with work and in a location that she doesn’t have a very good open internet connection. Certain services are blocked such as facebook video etc and she wants to be able to call me at home and also connect to some of the Australia website like Foxtel and banking that are also blocked due to her geography.

I am told a VPN is allowed over the public connection from the country she is in but I’m unsure how to go about allow her access to my home router and back out to use my internet connection to surf within Australia?

I can see my router offers dynamic DNS and a VPN option that needs me to get her to down load the OpenVPN software as well as send her 4 files that are generated from the router based on the DDNS settings set up with mynetgear.com.

I've tried to do a test setup on my 4G ipad as a tether spot and see if my laptop can connect in but its failing to load the client.crt file and errors.

So all i need to be able to do is get my GF to be able to VPN from overseas to my house in Sydney and use my cable internet connection to surf the net and check her banking, foxtel etc...

Is there an easy way to do this as she doesn’t need access to my home network PC or server, just to bounce into the router and back out using normal surfing as if she was at my house? Any help would be great. she’s running a laptop with Windows 10 64-bit.

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Help with VPN from Overseas to Oz

Please post about this in the correct DSL Modem forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/DSL-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-dsl-modems-routers

Thank you. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7