Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Hitron 4582 modem into n600 netgear

WyattW
Follower

Hitron 4582 modem into n600 netgear

Good afternoon, I have been trying to follow other forums to get this hitron to do what you guys say it should. Every time I click the Residential Gateway Function to disabled I get the popup and click ok, then save it. It says success and reboots. BUT when it reboots another popup comes up and says connection failed and the modem resets itself with the RGF back to enabled. Any ideas with that would be great for a loophole around this problem.

My problem is, I have 2 xbox ones hooked up in the house and I can't get them both hooked up with an open NAT to play and talk to people. If you have a better suggestion, I'm all ears.
Model: WNDR3400v3|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Hitron 4582 modem into n600 netgear

Where does the WNDR3400v3 come into this picture?

You'll have to work out how to put the Hitron 4582 modem/router into modem only (bridged) mode before anyone can help much with your Netgear router.

Are you sure that the WNDR3400v3 will any better than your existing modem/router when it comes to the xbox?

The WNDR3400v3 is now kind of old. According to Netgear's manual for this device the LAN and WAN support only 10BASE-T or 100BASE-TX. That makes it slower than many newer Internet services and most modern network hardware. This may not matter to you, but be warned that it will hobble you if you ever sign up for faster Internet. It also slows down whatever is going on in your local network. Newer devices support 1000BASE-TX.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7