Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Home Networking - Product Recommendation Needed

michaeljpower73
Aspirant

Home Networking - Product Recommendation Needed

Hi, 

I am after a recommendation. 

I recently had a BT 900MB FTTP installed which is great. 

I have a Draytek Vigor 2680AC router which is all set up and working. This is plumbed into a switch which feeds an Open Mesh system which has 3 access points. 

I knew the Vigor has a 300MB firewall throughput limitation on it and the wireless system isn't being fed anything above 300 at the moment and I would need to replace the Vigor or put a new firewall unit in place and disable to Virgor firewall. 

I am after some advice - I am not interested in the wireless aspect of things for the router / firewall but want a recommendation of what I should buy to get the best out of the speed I have through my wireless. The Open Mesh system is more than capable of dealing with it - just need to feed it and remove the firewall throughout limitation. 

Just after a product that would do the job I can plug in and configure as needed. 

Message 1 of 3

@michaeljpower73 wrote:

Hi, 

I am after a recommendation. 

I recently had a BT 900MB FTTP installed which is great. 

The last thing you need is a DSL modem/router, which is what this place is for.

Try plugging your needs into the filters on the product pages:

Wireless Routers for Home | NETGEAR

and

Orbi: Whole Home WiFi System for Better WiFi Everywhere | NETGEAR

Then check back here for reports on the things you are considering, but remember that people turn up in this community with problems, not compliments. So look at reviews on Amazon, for example.

@michaeljpower73 wrote:

I knew the Vigor has a 300MB firewall throughput limitation on it and the wireless system isn't being fed anything above 300 at the moment and I would need to replace the Vigor or put a new firewall unit in place and disable to Virgor firewall. 

That makes  no sense. What is a "firewall unit"?

Message 2 of 3
michaeljpower73
Aspirant

Thanks - really appreciate this feedback! All good points. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7