Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How can I get my router to share accounting data to another computer on my network?

PeterBaldes
Aspirant

How can I get my router to share accounting data to another computer on my network?

Message 1 of 4
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: How can I get my router to share accounting data to another computer on my network?

Hello PeterBaldes, 

Welcome to the community! 

The computers and router should be on the same workgroup for you to be able to share data across your network. Windows computers have windows and sharing center where you can set and configure which devices can talk to each other. I'd like to know what router you are using. 

Looking forward to your response. 

Thanks, 

Message 2 of 4
PeterBaldes
Aspirant

Re: How can I get my router to share accounting data to another computer on my network?

The router is an R6100. We are in the same Home group. However, it looses the link overnight and I have to reset it ever day to share.

Shouldn't there be a way for it to save the settings. I am afraid that one of the Microsoft or Norton updates has doone something to

change the way my computer (which holds the data files) runs.

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @PeterBaldes,

1. What are the operating system of the computers that are involved?

2. Are the computers able to ping each other?

3. Do you have file and printer sharing enabled?

4. Was this working before?

5. What is the firmware version of the router?

6. Have you tried temporarily disabling the security software on the computers to isolate the issue?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7