Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I connect everything?

RJThies
Follower

How do I connect everything?

First off, I'm not a computer geek, just want to figure out how to connect our new modem and router to our desktop computer, I've already spend a couple hours trying to get this done.

We have a Dell Inspirion 3847 desktop computer. I just bought a Netgear DSL Modem-Model DM200 and a Netgear Nighthawk X6 router-Model AC3200.

I have the modem connected from the phone jack into the modem, and the yellow ethernet cord connected from the modem to the computer, which gives me the internet.  If I connect the yellow ethernet cord from the modem to the router, I do not have interent on my desktop computer.  What do I need to connect the router to the computer/modem? Thanks for your help!

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: How do I connect everything?

If you want to use the modem and router together, you plug the router into the modem, and the PC in to the router.

There is a manual and Quick Start guide for the R8000 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>>> R8000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<<

The Quick Start shows you how to plug things together. It is also important to follow the sequence laid out in that.

If you have not set up the DM200 to connect to the Internet, then the instructions for that are here:

>>> DM200 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

First set up the modem – plug the PC into the modem for that stage – then follow the instructions to add the router.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7