Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to Set Modem Password

MTBLasVegas
Follower

How to Set Modem Password

Hi, I'm concerned about security and want to change the passwords on my modem and router. All the logons for the CM500 I have in my password files don't work nor does the default "admin/password".

Is it worthwhile to trying to figure out how to logon in order to change the modem password or should I just worry about changing the Router password?

Thanks!

Model: CM500|16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
Message 1 of 2

Re: How to Set Modem Password

@MTBLasVegas wrote:

Hi, I'm concerned about security and want to change the passwords on my modem and router.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the sections in the manual Change the admin Password

@MTBLasVegas wrote:

All the logons for the CM500 I have in my password files don't work nor does the default "admin/password".

If you have forgotten the password that was set up for the modem, then the last resort is a factory reset. See the section in the manual Reset the Cable Modem to Factory Default Settings or follow this:

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

When it comes to the router, that's anyone's guess because we have no idea what it is.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7