Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to configure DODO NBN FTTC to work with Netgear Nighthawk X4S D7800 Modem Router

LiveFreeDead
Initiate

How to configure DODO NBN FW to work with Netgear VDSL2 Modems (D6220)

I have recently purchased a Netgear AC1200 D6220 Modem Router and it took me way longer than it should to configure DODO's NBN Fixed Wireless to work with it. Here is the final Solution so others don't have to suffer the waste of time like I did.

* You will need your user name and password, mine was fibre#######@dodo.com.au ####e###b## as the user and password layout.

1.First do NOT use the wizard, simply open a browser to the routers IP address (Using Wireless or Ethernet, default is http://192.168.0.1).
2.Press Internet on the Basic menu on the far left.

3.Options are:

Provider: Other
Transfer Mode: PTM
DSL Mode: VDSL2

(Internet)
Enable This Interface

Use VLANID: 100

Priority: 0
Does your internet require a logon: Yes

Encapsulation: PPPoE

Login: fibre#######@dodo.com.au

Password: ####e###b## 

Connection Name: ppp2

Connection Mode: Always On
Time Out: 5
Get Dynamically from ISP
Get Automatically from ISP
NAT: Enabled
Use This MAC Address: * Use the Mac Address listed on the back of the DODO NBN Router as your MAC address Written without the : seperators.
Press Apply at the top of the Routers page and wait for the Internet led to go green

You may have to reboot the connection and then the router for it to actually make a secure connection as the mac address was assigned to your old router and a fresh connection is required with new hardware ID, it can take 4-6 minutes for the first rebooted router to gain a connection, but then it works and Netgear's router is WAY better than the Junk dodo supply you with. I had internet drop outs, reboots and massive slowdown at peak usage times. with the netgear modem router I have not had a single issue since it first connected. Thank you netgear and I really hope this helps someone else figure out how to use better gear for less stress and better internet.

Message 1 of 5
FreeCitizen
Initiate

Re: How to configure DODO NBN FTTC to work with Netgear Nighthawk X4S D7800 Modem Router

Thanks to Livefreedead, I somehow managed to get my Netgear Nighthawk X4S D7800 Modem Router online in place of the DODO supplied HUWAWEI HG659 to connect to the FFTC connection.

I was simply told by DODO tech support that I cannot use a third party Modem for my FTTC connection. I did a bit of research online, read a few articles and then landed on the above article. All came together.

The HUWAWEI router would not accept my Home alarm system. It was offline all the time. Hikvision app would freeze after loading about 20% of a playback. Few dropouts while playing online games. Not the best of wifi range either.

The following are two screen shots of the config page of the Netgear Nighthawk X4S D7800 Modem Router.

Page onePage onePage twoPage two

Please send me a message if you found this useful. Remember, post your findings so someone/many will be helped in their quest for knowledge!

Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 2 of 5
MK0512
Aspirant

Hi FreeCitizen/Livefreedead,

How did you guys set up your wiring connections? Did you need to use the DSL filter or not? Our power outlet for the cable connection is smaller than the ethernet cable so I am not sure if I need to go out and buy a rollover cisco console adapter to make it fit to the outlet.
As seen from the attached file I have done the the power cycling and still unsure if its DSL cable that is in the wrong place. Any suggestions?

I also have the same DODO model of HG659. Need help when you can thanks.

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 3 of 5
LiveFreeDead
Initiate

I was connecting to Fixed Wireless NBN as all the ADSL is unavailable here in Tasmania (no copper lines active anymore), some older methods were they were using the RJ45 (phone) cable/socket for the Voice Network (With or without using that filter as it doesn't have any Data being sent on it). Nowdays tho they don't even use the copper lines for voice, instead choosing a VOIP solution instead (for home phone calls.. AKA - Telemarketers calling evey time your cooking dinner).

If your not using ADSL and you are replacing your supplied DODO internet then it will require the steps I mention above, if your using ADSL then it shouldn't matter what modem/router you use as that is just a user name and password, if it's bringing up an error still then maybe you haven't put the right cables in the right spots on the filter, try adding the ADSL user/password manually and if that fails (like the wizard did) then you might need to write all the settings off the working modem and see if you can match them on the new one.

Message 4 of 5
MK0512
Aspirant

Thanks livefreedead and freecitizen.

Worked like a charm with your suggestions! Many many thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7