bmclean54
Aspirant

How to connect the D7800 to your phone using the nbn fttp

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to connect the D7800 to your phone using the nbn fttp

@bmclean54 wrote:

I have tried to send you a photo of how it is connected at present, but can't upload photos. The router is connected to on of LAN ports on telco modem and the WAN port on the router.

You can attach photos to messages. (Click the browse button at the bottom of a message.) What is the make and model of this telco modem?

@bmclean54 wrote:

The router is connected to on of LAN ports on telco modem and the WAN port on the router. Or should both the telco modem and router be connected to the WAN ports?

We need to know what the devices are to be able to answer that.

You don't say if your current set up works. If it does, then probably best to leave it alone.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies

What have you tried?

What is an NBN network and is my NETGEAR DSL modem router compatible? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

You have a D7800 DSL modem router.

FTTP is not DSL

While Netgear says that this router  is compatible with FTTP, this is not as a modem.

You can use the device as a router. For advice on that, get the manual for your modem/router and read the bit about using it with a cable service.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in the model number and find all the documentation for your hardware.

By the way, it may not matter, but you have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

If you need more help, you might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device:

DSL Modems & Routers

No need to repost there, unless you want to – that will just clutter up the place with duplicated messages – but you might find advice related to your hardware.

I have asked the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 8
bmclean54
Aspirant

Hi,

How do I reset this password for the netgear genie wanting to make changes to my D7800 modem/router. My user name is William McLean. I can't remember this password.

Thank you

Message 3 of 8

@bmclean54 wrote:

How do I reset this password for the netgear genie wanting to make changes to my D7800 modem/router.

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

The same thing works with modem/routers.

Message 4 of 8
bmclean54
Aspirant

Hi,

I believe that I have connected to my modem correctly, but was wondering if I should have connected the router to the WAN port on the modem? At present it is connected to one of the LAN ports. Can you connect your phone to router?

kind Regards,

William McLean 

Message 5 of 8

@bmclean54 wrote:

I believe that I have connected to my modem correctly, but was wondering if I should have connected the router to the WAN port on the modem? At present it is connected to one of the LAN ports.

Of you are saying that the modem has more than one Ethernet port, that implies that it is a modem/router.

You talk about a router and a modem. The D7800 is a  modem router. Does that mean that you have a second router? Another modem? Something else?

@bmclean54 wrote:

Can you connect your phone to router?

What is this phone? Something you want to connect to a wired socket? A wifi device?

Apologies for the questions, but your messages are remarkably devoid of much in the way of useful details.

Message 6 of 8
bmclean54
Aspirant

Hi,

I'm wondering if I have the modem router connected to my telco modem correctly. I have tried to send you a photo of how it is connected at present, but can't upload photos. The router is connected to on of LAN ports on telco modem and the WAN port on the router. Or should both the telco modem and router be connected to the WAN ports?

Kind Regards,

William McLean 

Spoiler

Message 7 of 8

@bmclean54 wrote:

I have tried to send you a photo of how it is connected at present, but can't upload photos. The router is connected to on of LAN ports on telco modem and the WAN port on the router.

You can attach photos to messages. (Click the browse button at the bottom of a message.) What is the make and model of this telco modem?

@bmclean54 wrote:

The router is connected to on of LAN ports on telco modem and the WAN port on the router. Or should both the telco modem and router be connected to the WAN ports?

We need to know what the devices are to be able to answer that.

You don't say if your current set up works. If it does, then probably best to leave it alone.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7