Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I need to reboot my d6300 when I want to connect to the netgear genie interface

Illepak
Aspirant

I need to reboot my d6300 when I want to connect to the netgear genie interface

I'm using the d6300 only as router with wan connected to another router. my router is 192.168.2.1 . When I want to change something I need to reboot physically the router to obtain the response from his genie interface. Why? The router works fine No problem regarding internet connections and wifi. Only this trouble when I need to connect to the interface. For some days after the reboot I can reach the interface but after a lot of days when I try http://192.168.2.1/start.htm the connection is not reached.

Model: D6300|Dual Band 11ac ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: I need to reboot my d6300 when I want to connect to the netgear genie interface

Hello lllepak

Typically you would use 192.168.0.1 to login to the modem.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
Illepak
Aspirant

OK DarrenM but if I need to change the router address to 192.168.2.1 I want to connect him with the new address.  If I reboot the router then I can acces with the address 192.168.2.1.  A lot of days after the last reboot I can't. Only with a reboot  the router remember his address? It seems a bug in the software of the router interface (like a timer). There is a NETGEAR official support to address this problem and obtain a patch in the software?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7