Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I screwed up my setup for DGND3700, and now i cant go back to routerlogin.net

rlhchung
Aspirant

I screwed up my setup for DGND3700, and now i cant go back to routerlogin.net

Hey guys, most of you may think this is a stupid thread... but yeah i have issues and i have no idea what to do, ive tried everything from threads i've read and it still hasn't brought me to the solution.

well the issue is when i connected my DGND3700 up and followed the instructions on the manual using routerlogin.net for configuration purposes then i used the setup wizard and setted up my DSL username, password, and ip address to 10.1.1.1, then the update bar came up and when it was finished it brought me to a error page (the one you get when you have no internet for internet explorer). So i tried using routerlogin.net again, wouldnt let me access, tried using 10.1.1.1, wouldnt let me access, and went into CMD to type ipconfig /all to find my IP address, and it still wouldnt bring me back to the page where you can configure your router. What do i do guys? i have no idea what's going on :S.
Message 1 of 11
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: I screwed up my setup for DGND3700, and now i cant go back to routerlogin.net

Hard reset the router
Message 2 of 11
rlhchung
Aspirant

Re: I screwed up my setup for DGND3700, and now i cant go back to routerlogin.net

I did that but now it has a orange light when I plug in the Ethernet, and I still can't go into routerlogin.net
Message 3 of 11
rlhchung
Aspirant

i hard resetted, but now i got a orange light on the router for the ethernet plug, and i still cant log into routerlogin.net
Message 4 of 11
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

check your IP that pc is getting using

ipconfig /all from command prompt.

gateway IP is the current router's IP
Message 5 of 11
rlhchung
Aspirant

I tried using 192.168.0.1, but still brings me to the error page. Also I don't know why but the on the router it has a orange light instead of green for the Ethernet WAN socket
Message 6 of 11
rlhchung
Aspirant

I've tried using the gateway ip, but still brings me to the error page.

I have a orange light on the Ethernet WAN socket on the router when it was green
Before?
Message 7 of 11
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

rlhchung wrote:
I tried using 192.168.0.1, but still brings me to the error page. Also I don't know why but the on the router it has a orange light instead of green for the Ethernet WAN socket

WAN socket is not ethernet.. RJ11 (telephone jack)

because reset will clear all the settings etc, nothing is setup for that reason you may have orange.

you check the gateway IP on Pc and make sure it is 192.168.0.1?
Message 8 of 11
rlhchung
Aspirant

So I put the Ethernet which is connected to my computer into one of the LAN ones? Even when I do that it come up as orange and yup, it's 192.168.0.1. Can you check if I hard resetted properly? I got a pin and pushed against the button in thr small hole on the back of the modem which says 'restore factory settings' then held it there until the light went back to green.
Message 9 of 11
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

if you once changed 10.x IP and pc was getting 10.x IP where after reset shows pc is getting 192.x IP then reset when fine.

make sure you are using IE browser and if still continue to have an issues, I would say you have some bad router
Message 10 of 11
Dick_W
Aspirant

rlhchung wrote:
So I put the Ethernet which is connected to my computer into one of the LAN ones? Even when I do that it come up as orange and yup, it's 192.168.0.1.

Can you check if I hard resetted properly? I got a pin and pushed against the button in thr small hole on the back of the modem which says 'restore factory settings' then held it there until the light went back to green.

If you haven't solved this yet, you need to get simple first. Get the LAN side working. Disconnect the WAN side whether connected to the WAN Ethernet RJ-45 port or the WAN DSL RJ-11 port. Connect your PC to one of the LAN Ethernet ports. ipconfig on the PC should show that it is getting a 192.168.0.x address and the gateway address 192.168.0.1. Given that and since you've done factory reset, the http://routerlogin.net or http://192.168.0.1 addresses should be accessible via the browser for the rest of the admin steps.

When you've made happy that far, plug the WAN side back in and use the setup wizard or put in your DSL providers specified settings by hand. Don't mess with anything else till you get that solved and the twin green lights of DSL and Internet access.
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7