Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

IP Reservation not working on D7000

Soupladel
Aspirant

IP Reservation not working on D7000

I have just replaced my old Netgear router with a D7000 as our service has been upgraded to VDSL, I am i the process of setting up my network which includes 3 different NAS amongst other items.

Unfortunately, none of the address reservationsare working.  I have set the reserved addresses based on the mac address exactly as i had on my previous router, yet even after restarting the connected device, it ends up with an IP assigned by the router and not the address reserved.

Am i doing something wrong, have i missed something or is there an issue with the router.

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
Soupladel
Aspirant

Re: IP Reservation not working on D7000

Ok, so I have read elsewhere i should be downgrading the firmware but everytime i try, the upload fails.

Message 2 of 5
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Have you tried downloading to your PC and updating the router from there? If you use this method make sure you are ethernet connected to the router for the upgrade. Too many stories of bricked devices when firmware loads were attempted over wifi.

Message 3 of 5
Soupladel
Aspirant

Well as it turns out, i managed to get it donw over wifi but i think i might actually have a faulty router because as i have posted in another thread, my router keeps locking up and i suspect it is related to wifi somehow.  I have since turned off wifi and am using an apple airport in bridge mode for wifi and so far i have gone 24 hours without the router crashing.

Message 4 of 5
mcrs969
Luminary

Hi,

I have made myself a little protocol of testing which confirmed me the .34 fw to be producing this issue with dhcp assignment of ip according to mac address. With .34 does not work (or works weird so you can make a little workaround) while with .32 works great (all ip assigned according to MAC address).

I would say that if you can't downgrade the device is not functional or you are not taking all measures, therefore please try to:

- hard reset the device

- clear cache of your internet explorer browser

- plug eth cable and disable wifi nic

- go on the d7000 page and try now to perform downgrade (maybe download again the .32 to avoid corruption of the previous file)

contact your netgear support generally (in Italy at least) they reply promptly.

ciao

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7