Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Im unable to port forward on port 25565 with a ac1900 nighthawk modem router to host a server

Im unable to port forward on port 25565 with a ac1900 nighthawk modem router to host a server

Hello, I have been trying to host a minecraft server from my home by using a ac1900 nighthawk modem router and im not quite sure as to why as I have tried to verify that all my settings on the router are what they need to be to host the server.

Model number: D700v2

Firmware version: V1.0.0.56_1.0.1

My computer: Windows 10

The port when it do the command "netstat -a" says the port is listening when i have the server running on my host computer, my avast antivirus is off, I have also provided outbound and inbound connections to the port aswell as allowing all java through the firewall on my computer aswell

Im not really sure what other information i would have to share in this post as im rather new to networking and all the works so im not exactly sure about acronyms yet, help to get this sorted would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

port_forwarding.PNG

Custom_service_port.PNG

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 5

Re: Im unable to port forward on port 25565 with a ac1900 nighthawk modem router to host a server

Message 2 of 5

Re: Im unable to port forward on port 25565 with a ac1900 nighthawk modem router to host a server

Message 3 of 5

@sherald_smith wrote:

Hello, I have been trying to host a minecraft server from my home by using a ac1900 nighthawk modem router and im not quite sure as to why as I have tried to verify that all my settings on the router are what they need to be to host the server.

Have you tried this out over in the places where they talk about how to host a minecraft server?

I doubt if there are many experts on that here. The settings you need will be common to whatever router you use to host the thing. So what works with one server should apply to your Netgear modem/router.

In the meantime, if you haven't tried it already, this might be useful:

Search - NETGEAR Communities – minecraft server

Message 4 of 5
zavalaalejandro
Aspirant

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7