Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Incorrect LAN port speed status

kencl
Aspirant

Incorrect LAN port speed status

I'm new to Netgear products and this community, so apologies if I'm raising a topic which has been covered elsewhere.

I have purchased a Netgear D7000v2 modem/router to replace my ageing Linksys modem/router and separate WAP.   I found the D7000 was easy to set up and it is working well, with the exception of a minor anomaly with indicating the LAN port speed status.

Two of the ports are connected to my PC and my NAS which are both gigabit devices and the LAN port LEDs are illuminated white, which is correct for gigabit, and the GUI "Show Statistics" page shows the status of those ports as "1000M/Full".

However, I have a third port connected to a TP-Link TL-SF10005D 5-port switch which is a 10/100 device, not gigabit.  The LED for that port is also illuminated white but the downloaded User Manual states that it should be amber for a 10/100 device.  Also, the GUI page shows the status for that port as "1000M/Full", which is incorrect.

There are no issues with data traffic to devices connected to the 5-port switch, so that third router port must be running correctly at 100BaseT - it is just the status indications that are incorrect.

I've tried moving the connections around to different ports, having only the 10/100 device connected and also plugging in my old Linksys WAP54G which is also only 10/100 capable.   The LED colour and GUI status always remain indicating gigabit. 

I've raised a support case for this issue and, following the advice from Netgear Support, I've updated to the latest firmware and also done a factory reset and full reconfiguration.  But the anomaly is still there.   Netgear Support have now escalated the case.

But, meanwhile, I'd be interested to know if other D7000v2 users are seeing the same issue. 

Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
kencl
Aspirant

Re: Incorrect LAN port speed status

Further update from me.  Netgear Support gave me download access to a Beta version of V1.0.0.48_1.0.1 firmware.

This has fixed the issue.  The LAN ports now correctly illuminate white for gigabit devices and amber for 10/100MBit/s devices.  Also the GUI Show Statistics page now correctly reports the port speed - 100M/Full for the port connected to my 100Mbps 5-port switch.

I've now been running this firmware for about 3 weeks and haven't seen any adverse issues.  

View solution in original post

Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 3 of 3

All Replies
kencl
Aspirant

An update on my original post:

Netgear level 2 support confirm that they have replicated thise issue.  It's now escalated up another level.

Message 2 of 3
kencl
Aspirant

Further update from me.  Netgear Support gave me download access to a Beta version of V1.0.0.48_1.0.1 firmware.

This has fixed the issue.  The LAN ports now correctly illuminate white for gigabit devices and amber for 10/100MBit/s devices.  Also the GUI Show Statistics page now correctly reports the port speed - 100M/Full for the port connected to my 100Mbps 5-port switch.

I've now been running this firmware for about 3 weeks and haven't seen any adverse issues.  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7