Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Intermittent, regular loss of internet connection

Bob_Fox
Aspirant

Intermittent, regular loss of internet connection

Installed a NETGEAR® AC750 WiFi DSL Modem Router, Model D6000 in July 2017.  I use Mac laptops and iPhones.  

It worked perfectly until January 2018 when the green internet light started blinking.  All other lights remained solid green. I spoke with my ISP, who said that they couldsee not problems with their provision.  Over a couple of hours, we tried a number of resets without success but a factory reset, using an opened paper clip in the reset hole, seemed to work.  

For a while.  

So I changed the filters.  

The current situation is that almost every day, between around 4.00 and 7.00pm, I lose the internet connection for between 20 minutes and an hour.  It reconnects spontaneously.  It does not appear to be temerature or weather effected on external cables.  

On my list of networks, this router is listed as Netgear16 and there is a second listed as Netgear16-5G.  Both are password protected.  

I am not aware of any Netgear updates.

Any thoughts please?

Model: R6020|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Intermittent, regular loss of internet connection

When you changed the filter did you also replace the cords? if not you may want to try that. 

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
Bob_Fox
Aspirant

Thanks for the thought - I replaced the cords at the same time as the filters.  I wonder if a firmware update might help and have downloaded the latest (D6000-V1.0.0.68_1.0.1) to try.

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Yes try the latest firmware you could even try a older firmware and see if anything changes as well.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7