Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet Suddenly Not Working

JessicaRose94
Follower

Internet Suddenly Not Working

So I’ve had my modem for a few years now, maybe 3-4, and I was streaming Netflix when my internet suddenly died. Went to check the modem and sure enough, the internet LeD indicator is solid red. So I unplugged the power chord, gave it a quick rest, and put it back in but the internet light is still red. So I unplugged all of the chords and plugged each on back in, and still no luck. At this point I had to start getting ready for work so I left my modem to hopefully sort itself out but 9 hours later internet was still down. There’s no internet outage in our area or anything so I know it’s an issue on my end somehow.

By this point I’m trying to troubleshoot through google via cell data but having no luck. I’ve tried logging into the router via routerlogin.net but after entering admin/password about 3 dozen times I only get access once (otherwise nothing happens, I type it in and sit log in and all it does is resets the box for me to enter admin/password again); so after typing it in several times I finally get in and it says that the Internet Port is a red X.

I tried to re-set up the internet but when I apply settings and test them, nothing happens. I can’t use the genie because it says “there is no internet connection” and I can’t even check and see if maybe my firmware is out of date because it says “there is no internet connection”. At this point I’ve pushed the reset button at the back of the modem and am having the same router log in issue. I tried logging in several times and I couldn’t, after about 30 attempts it finally lets me on and I see no change in the router.

I’m not sure what the issue is, it was working splendidly up until now and I can’t seem to figure out what to do. I took a small break and now can’t log into the router anymore. I’m assuming it’s just time to buy a new router?

Please help....
Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Internet Suddenly Not Working

Please post about this the the DSL modem forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/DSL-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-dsl-modems-routers

Good Luck. 

@JessicaRose94 wrote:
So I’ve had my modem for a few years now, maybe 3-4, and I was streaming Netflix when my internet suddenly died. Went to check the modem and sure enough, the internet LeD indicator is solid red. So I unplugged the power chord, gave it a quick rest, and put it back in but the internet light is still red. So I unplugged all of the chords and plugged each on back in, and still no luck. At this point I had to start getting ready for work so I left my modem to hopefully sort itself out but 9 hours later internet was still down. There’s no internet outage in our area or anything so I know it’s an issue on my end somehow.

By this point I’m trying to troubleshoot through google via cell data but having no luck. I’ve tried logging into the router via routerlogin.net but after entering admin/password about 3 dozen times I only get access once (otherwise nothing happens, I type it in and sit log in and all it does is resets the box for me to enter admin/password again); so after typing it in several times I finally get in and it says that the Internet Port is a red X.

I tried to re-set up the internet but when I apply settings and test them, nothing happens. I can’t use the genie because it says “there is no internet connection” and I can’t even check and see if maybe my firmware is out of date because it says “there is no internet connection”. At this point I’ve pushed the reset button at the back of the modem and am having the same router log in issue. I tried logging in several times and I couldn’t, after about 30 attempts it finally lets me on and I see no change in the router.

I’m not sure what the issue is, it was working splendidly up until now and I can’t seem to figure out what to do. I took a small break and now can’t log into the router anymore. I’m assuming it’s just time to buy a new router?

Please help....

Message 2 of 3

Re: Internet Suddenly Not Working

Oh dear. Thanks to some unwise advice, yet again, we now have this message duplicated.

Internet Suddenly Not Working - NETGEAR Communities

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7