Internet not working

oaks1994
Follower

Internet not working

So I spoke with a lady who really helped me fix this issue, the internet light was not flashing on my router which I explained.. I went onto the routerlogin.net and she told me the steps using the netgear genie in order to fix it all. Boom, it started working. Then last night it went funny and wouldn’t connect so I rang up at 3/4am, as it’s really been annoying me for a while. I spoke with a guy I’m guessing was in the India office/call centre and he asked me to reset the router, hold it down for 30 seconds and all of that. Now I don’t work for this company but I just wanted to get onto the router login page because I feel like I know what to do using that page, having done it before earlier in the day. Now after this guy told me to reset it, I can connect to my WiFi but when I search for the router login page it won’t let me connect too it. I’ve rang netgear and they can’t seem to fix it. What is strange is I’m on the WiFi now and posting this, but as soon as I try to launch routerlogin.net, it just simply doesn’t load up! So now my WiFi is playing up as well as not being able to connect to the internet and use my laptop etc any help would be much appreciate.. so I just bite the bullet and buy a new router with a different brand?
Thank you
Model: D1500|N300 WiFi DSL Modem Router-Essential Edition
Message 1 of 2

Re: Internet not working

I'm afraid not much of that makes any sense to me.

What problem do you have?

The subject says "Internet not working" But you talk about using the wifi to connect.

Then there is the place where you have posted your message. It is for "Mobile Routers, Hotspots & Modems".

But you have picked the " D1500|N300 WiFi DSL Modem Router" as our footer.

That is a completely different device. It is a DSL modem router.

You could start  by reading the manual for whatever your devuce is.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

If you need more help, come back with an explanation of the problem. We don't need to know about your conversations with whoever you talked to for support help. Just tells us what you are doing and where it goes wrong.

You can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

They are there for a good reason.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements